Обсуждение: UNION but with excused columns

UNION but with excused columns

От
Mike Rowan
Дата:
I would like to use UNION to amalgamate two result sets, but I need to excuse some columns (the same columns in each set) from the matching requirement.  The unmatched columns are the same data type, but not the same data.

Is this possible, and if so, any clues?

Thanks for any ideas
Mike

Re: UNION but with excused columns

От
David Rowley
Дата:
On 28 May 2018 at 13:36, Mike Rowan <michael.rowan3@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to use UNION to amalgamate two result sets, but I need to
> excuse some columns (the same columns in each set) from the matching
> requirement.  The unmatched columns are the same data type, but not the same
> data.
>
> Is this possible, and if so, any clues?

Yes, just use a sub-query: e.g: SELECT a,b,c FROM (SELECT a,b,c,d FROM
t1 UNION SELECT a,b,c,d FROM t2) t;