Обсуждение: pgsql: Provide for testing on python3 modules when under MSVC

pgsql: Provide for testing on python3 modules when under MSVC

От
Andrew Dunstan
Дата:
Provide for testing on python3 modules when under MSVC

This should have been done some years ago as promised in commit
c4dcdd0c2. However, better late than never.

Along the way do a little housekeeping, including using a simpler test
for the python version being tested, and removing a redundant subroutine
parameter. These changes only apply back to release 9.5.

Backpatch to all live releases.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/966268c7621c4bca534961440b497a3270395fc2

Modified Files
--------------
src/tools/msvc/Install.pm   |  8 +---
src/tools/msvc/vcregress.pl | 94 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--------------

Re: pgsql: Provide for testing on python3 modules when under MSVC

От
Andrew Dunstan
Дата:
On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 3:58 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> Provide for testing on python3 modules when under MSVC
>
> This should have been done some years ago as promised in commit
> c4dcdd0c2. However, better late than never.
>
> Along the way do a little housekeeping, including using a simpler test
> for the python version being tested, and removing a redundant subroutine
> parameter. These changes only apply back to release 9.5.
>
> Backpatch to all live releases.

Looks like this broke. I know I tested it. I'll be back in a couple of
hours to fix it.

cheers

andrew

Re: pgsql: Provide for testing on python3 modules when under MSVC

Дата:
> Provide for testing on python3 modules when under MSVC

The MSVC critters in the buildfarm seem not to like this.

            regards, tom lane

Re: pgsql: Provide for testing on python3 modules when under MSVC

От
Andrew Dunstan

> On May 4, 2018, at 7:03 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

>> Provide for testing on python3 modules when under MSVC
>
> The MSVC critters in the buildfarm seem not to like this.

Will fix in an hour or two

Cheers

Andrew

Re: pgsql: Provide for testing on python3 modules when under MSVC

От
Andrew Dunstan
Дата:
On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 7:03 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Provide for testing on python3 modules when under MSVC
>
> The MSVC critters in the buildfarm seem not to like this.

It appears that the three failing critters (whelk, thrips and
woodlouse) are misconfigured, in that they don't have the Python
directory in their PATH setting, so of course plpython3u won't load,
as it won't be able to locate the Python DLL. This hasn't mattered up
to now as they haven't been doing any testing, but it's exposed by our
enabling testing.

On its latest run dory, which also builds with Python3, has passed all
the python tests, so it doesn't (yet) appear that there is anything
wrong with the patch.

cheers

andrew

RE: pgsql: Provide for testing on python3 modules when under MSVC

От
Christian Ullrich
Дата:
* Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 7:03 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

>> Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
>>> Provide for testing on python3 modules when under MSVC

>> The MSVC critters in the buildfarm seem not to like this.

> It appears that the three failing critters (whelk, thrips and
> woodlouse) are misconfigured, in that they don't have the Python
> directory in their PATH setting, so of course plpython3u won't load,

Oops. Fixed.

Thanks for pointing this out.

--
Christian