Обсуждение: Health checks after machine crash?

Health checks after machine crash?

От
Ron
Дата:
Hi,

v8.4 (Yes, it's archaic.  Upgrade plan is in progress.)

What queries should I run against the catalog tables to see whether or not
the cluster is healthy after reboot?

Thanks

Re: Health checks after machine crash?

От
Jerry Sievers
Дата:
Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> v8.4 (Yes, it's archaic.  Upgrade plan is in progress.)

Please do!  :-)

> What queries should I run against the catalog tables to see whether or
> not the cluster is healthy after reboot?

Is the cluster confi'd to be at risk of corruption after crash.. such as
full_page_write=off, fsync=off?

Do your logs show any obvious sign of corruption, bad blocks etc?

You may have little to worry about since Pg is very crash tolerant even
old versions 8.4 and prior.

I'd try vacuum and analyze whole cluster plus dumpall >/dev/null and
check for errors there too.  Any sort of corruption likely to cause
application problems likely to show up in so doing.

HTH

--
Jerry Sievers
Postgres DBA/Development Consulting

On 04/23/2018 12:58 PM, Jerry Sievers wrote:
> Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> v8.4 (Yes, it's archaic.  Upgrade plan is in progress.)
> Please do!  :-)
>
>> What queries should I run against the catalog tables to see whether or
>> not the cluster is healthy after reboot?
> Is the cluster confi'd to be at risk of corruption after crash.. such as
> full_page_write=off, fsync=off?

#full_page_writes = on
fsync = on

> Do your logs show any obvious sign of corruption, bad blocks etc?

Nothing I've notived.

> You may have little to worry about since Pg is very crash tolerant even
> old versions 8.4 and prior.
>
> I'd try vacuum and analyze whole cluster plus dumpall >/dev/null and
> check for errors there too.  Any sort of corruption likely to cause
> application problems likely to show up in so doing.

Will do.