Обсуждение: Reindex doesn't eliminate bloat

Reindex doesn't eliminate bloat

От
Ron Johnson
Дата:
v8.4.12

According to this (https://pastebin.com/TJB32n5M) query, which I thought I
got from https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Index_Maintenance, a list of
indexes and their bloat is generated.

After reindexing a table with a large amount of reported bloat (column
bloat_pct says 29%), re-running the query shows no change in the amount of
bloat.  This is a historical table, and VACUUM VERBOSE shows that there's
nothing to free up.

Is this something that I must live with, or am I misinterpreting the query?

Re: Reindex doesn't eliminate bloat

От
Nikolay Samokhvalov
Дата: