Обсуждение: Check for logical / physical corruption

Check for logical / physical corruption

От
flumbador@virgilio.it

Hi all,

I need to check that my database has not physical / logical corruption.

I think that "vacuumdb -all -freeze -analyze" will do this for me.

Am I right?

Are there other command / utility that I should do to check corruptions?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Gabriele Fagnani

Re: Check for logical / physical corruption

От
Laurenz Albe
Дата:
flumbador@virgilio.it wrote:
> I need to check that my database has not physical / logical corruption.
> I think that "vacuumdb -all -freeze -analyze" will do this for me.
> Am I right?
> Are there other command / utility that I should do to check corruptions?

The only good test is to run a pg_dumpall and restore the dump into a new
PostgreSQL cluster.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe