Обсуждение: Heads up: Potential PostGIS breakage is coming

Heads up: Potential PostGIS breakage is coming

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi,

I am about to push PostGIS 2.4.2-2 packages to 10-testing repos. Unlike the
other packages, the new packages will depend on proj49 (Proj 4.9) and geos36
(GeOS 3.6) packages, which installs to non-standard directories (/usr/proj49
and /usr/geos36, respectively), so won't conflict with the OS packages, but
will use recent versions of Proj and GeOS. With this change, we can introduce
GeOS 3.7 support to our repo, when it is released.

I read some reports about proj 4.8 reporting incorrect results, that triggered
this package process.

So, I will be happy if someone can test by enabling PG 10 testing repository,
and see if things are broken or not.

Thanks!

Devrim Gündüz
EnterpriseDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com
PostgreSQL Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer

Re: Heads up: Potential PostGIS breakage is coming

От
Daniel Farina
Дата:
On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 7:59 AM Devrim Gündüz wrote: > > Hi, > > I am about to push PostGIS 2.4.2-2 packages to 10-testing repos. Unlike the > other packages, the new packages will depend on proj49 (Proj 4.9) and > geos36 > (GeOS 3.6) packages, which installs to non-standard directories > (/usr/proj49 > and /usr/geos36, respectively), so won't conflict with the OS packages, but > will use recent versions of Proj and GeOS. With this change, we can > introduce > GeOS 3.7 support to our repo, when it is released. > > I read some reports about proj 4.8 reporting incorrect results, that > triggered > this package process. > > So, I will be happy if someone can test by enabling PG 10 testing > repository, > and see if things are broken or not. > > I think postgis is not dynamically linking properly to proj. It finds the path fine when compiling, though. Perhaps it, like libproj49 itself in relation to geos36, requires some ldconfig files.

Re: Heads up: Potential PostGIS breakage is coming

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi Daniel, Thank you for the feedback! Can you please update the packages? I pushed a fix for this last week. Regards, Devrim On 27 November 2017 22:04:58 GMT+00:00, Daniel Farina wrote: >On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 7:59 AM Devrim Gündüz >wrote: > >> >> Hi, >> >> I am about to push PostGIS 2.4.2-2 packages to 10-testing repos. >Unlike the >> other packages, the new packages will depend on proj49 (Proj 4.9) and >> geos36 >> (GeOS 3.6) packages, which installs to non-standard directories >> (/usr/proj49 >> and /usr/geos36, respectively), so won't conflict with the OS >packages, but >> will use recent versions of Proj and GeOS. With this change, we can >> introduce >> GeOS 3.7 support to our repo, when it is released. >> >> I read some reports about proj 4.8 reporting incorrect results, that >> triggered >> this package process. >> >> So, I will be happy if someone can test by enabling PG 10 testing >> repository, >> and see if things are broken or not. >> >> >I think postgis is not dynamically linking properly to proj. It finds >the >path fine when compiling, though. Perhaps it, like libproj49 itself in >relation to geos36, requires some ldconfig files. -- Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

Re: Heads up: Potential PostGIS breakage is coming

От
Daniel Farina
Дата:
On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 2:08 PM Devrim Gündüz wrote: > Hi Daniel, > > Thank you for the feedback! > > Can you please update the packages? I pushed a fix for this last week. > > Regards, Devrim > I saw that with regard to proj and geos, and I'm updated, but I think postgis itself needs similar treatment. =# create extension postgis; ERROR: could not load library "/usr/pgsql-10/lib/postgis-2.4.so": libproj.so.12: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory =# \q $ find /usr/ -name 'libproj.so.12' /usr/proj49/lib/libproj.so.12

Re: Heads up: Potential PostGIS breakage is coming

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi Daniel,

On Mon, 2017-11-27 at 22:11 +0000, Daniel Farina wrote:

> I saw that with regard to proj and geos, and I'm updated, but I think
> postgis itself needs similar treatment.
>
> =# create extension postgis;
> ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/pgsql-10/lib/postgis-2.4.so":
> libproj.so.12: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> =# \q
> $ find /usr/ -name 'libproj.so.12'
> /usr/proj49/lib/libproj.so.12

Arrgh, /etc/ld.so.conf.d/proj49-pgdg-libs.conf is broken :-( I accidentally
added geos related lines there :( Sorry about that.

I did not catch this before, because I also had OS-supplied proj package :(

Pushed 4.9.3-3  to repos, they will be available in next 20 mins.