Обсуждение: SQL tab - DDL syntax

SQL tab - DDL syntax

От
matshyeq
Дата:
Hello,

I need to automate comparison of schemas between DBs.
I've found that pg_dump produces different order of tables etc.. so can't directly compare that
but on the other hand I see pgAdmin brings up really neat syntax (and different from pg_dump)

Could you guys disclose if the logic to get SQL for a table is custom programmed by pgAdmin or uses some some built-in postgres DB functionality and only displays it's output back?

Thank you,
Kind Regards
~Maciek

Re: SQL tab - DDL syntax

От
Murtuza Zabuawala
Дата:
pgAdmin4 is open source so there is nothing to disclose :)

you can refer the source code https://www.pgadmin.org/development/git.php

Murtuza Zabuawala
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

I need to automate comparison of schemas between DBs.
I've found that pg_dump produces different order of tables etc.. so can't directly compare that
but on the other hand I see pgAdmin brings up really neat syntax (and different from pg_dump)

Could you guys disclose if the logic to get SQL for a table is custom programmed by pgAdmin or uses some some built-in postgres DB functionality and only displays it's output back?

Thank you,
Kind Regards
~Maciek

Re: SQL tab - DDL syntax

От
matshyeq
Дата:
when pressing 'Send' I felt this is the answer I'm going to get…
fair enough

Before I try to find the right place and figure it out - could you answer that question:
>> is the logic to get what's displayed in the SQL tab custom programmed in pgAdmin or leverages some some built-in postgres DB functionality and only presents same output back?

Thank you,
Kind Regards
~Maciek

pgAdmin4 is open source so there is nothing to disclose :)

you can refer the source code https://www.pgadmin.org/development/git.php

Murtuza Zabuawala
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

I need to automate comparison of schemas between DBs.
I've found that pg_dump produces different order of tables etc.. so can't directly compare that
but on the other hand I see pgAdmin brings up really neat syntax (and different from pg_dump)

Could you guys disclose if the logic to get SQL for a table is custom programmed by pgAdmin or uses some some built-in postgres DB functionality and only displays it's output back?

Thank you,
Kind Regards
~Maciek

Re: SQL tab - DDL syntax