Обсуждение: [ADMIN] Standby wal issue

[ADMIN] Standby wal issue

От
chris kim
Дата:
Hi Community,

I have a standby server that is in replication mode only, and is storing
an insane amount of wal files and it's only on the standby not the
master. I have over 50,000 wal files right now. I only have a few
processes running on the background and they all seem to not be the
problem. This is running on postgres 9.2. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Re: [ADMIN] Standby wal issue

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On 11/06/2017 11:34 AM, chris kim wrote:
> Hi Community,
>
> I have a standby server that is in replication mode only, and is
> storing an insane amount of wal files and it's only on the standby not
> the master. I have over 50,000 wal files right now. I only have a few
> processes running on the background and they all seem to not be the
> problem. This is running on postgres 9.2. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.

What does your recovery.conf file say?

JD

> Thanks,
>
> Chris

Advocate: @amplifypostgres || Learn: https://pgconf.org
*****     Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.   *****

Re: [ADMIN] Standby wal issue

От
chris kim
Дата:
Thanks for helping. Here's the recovery.conf file:

standby_mode= 'on'
trigger_file = '/tmp/standby.trg'
archive_cleanup_command = '/usr/pgsql-9.2/bin/pg_archivecleanup
/ComplianceDB/data/pg_xlog/ %r'

On 11/06/2017 02:22 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On 11/06/2017 11:34 AM, chris kim wrote:
>> Hi Community,
>>
>> I have a standby server that is in replication mode only, and is
>> storing an insane amount of wal files and it's only on the standby
>> not the master. I have over 50,000 wal files right now. I only have a
>> few processes running on the background and they all seem to not be
>> the problem. This is running on postgres 9.2. Any help would be
>> greatly appreciated.
>
> What does your recovery.conf file say?
>
> JD
>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Chris

Re: [ADMIN] Standby wal issue

От
Laurenz Albe
chris kim wrote:
> I have a standby server that is in replication mode only, and is storing
> an insane amount of wal files and it's only on the standby not the
> master. I have over 50,000 wal files right now. I only have a few
> processes running on the background and they all seem to not be the
> problem. This is running on postgres 9.2. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.

Check the "pg_stat_replication" view to see if the standby keeps up
applying the changes - failure to do so could be a reason for WAL piling up.

If host standby is active, is "max_standby_streaming_delay" configured so that
long running transactions on the standby could block replication?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe