Обсуждение: [GENERAL] Postgresql 9.3 service doesn't start on RedHat Linux 6.8

[GENERAL] Postgresql 9.3 service doesn't start on RedHat Linux 6.8

От
Vikas Sharma
Дата:
Hi,

I am having issues in starting up postgresql service on RHEL 6.8, It was all working fine yesterday but now it doesn't start and throws error - same kind of error that is received connecting to remote postgres database.

for the meantime I have started postgresql as below -
/usr/pgsql-9.3/bin/postmaster  -D /var/lib/pgsql/9.3/data  &
and it is working fine.

Can someone let me know where to look at for why I can't start the service?

Thanks
Vikas

Re: [GENERAL] Postgresql 9.3 service doesn't start on RedHat Linux6.8

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 11/6/2017 5:28 AM, Vikas Sharma wrote:
> I am having issues in starting up postgresql service on RHEL 6.8, It
> was all working fine yesterday but now it doesn't start and throws
> error - same kind of error that is received connecting to remote
> postgres database.

what /exact/ error is it throwing ?

> for the meantime I have started postgresql as below -
> /usr/pgsql-9.3/bin/postmaster  -D /var/lib/pgsql/9.3/data &
> and it is working fine.
>
> Can someone let me know where to look at for why I can't start the
> service?

whats in /var/lib/pgsql/9.3/pgstartup.log  and
/var/lib/pgsql/9.3/data/(latest).log  ?