Обсуждение: Windows server installation

Windows server installation

От
"Simone Giannecchini"
Дата:
Hi everybody, I need an advice.
I am planning on installing Postgresql+postgis on a windows server machine.
I would like to hear from you which one is the best between Windows 2003
server and windows 2000 server in terms of various issues related to
POstgresql or postgis.
Thanks, Simone.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Ing. Simone Giannecchini
Software Engineer
Cell: +39  348 0064736
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

***PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL***
The information contained in this e-mail message (including any attached files) is intended for the use of the
addressee(s)only and is privileged information. The information should neither be posted to the Internet, nor published
inany other public domain, without the express permission of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient(s) or
therecipient's representative, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, copying or distribution of this
communicationis prohibited. If you have received this communication in error please notify us immediately at
postmaster@saclantc.nato.int,and remove this message from your system.

Вложения

Re: Windows server installation

От
"Magnus Hagander"
Дата:
Hello!

There hasn'e been enough full scale running of postgresql to say that
one is significantly better than the other. In my experience they are
more or less equal in terms of  postgresql, but those are based only on
my own runs.
Based on that, I wuold strongly suggest 2003 because of all the other
things about it that are improved since 2000.

//Magnus

"Harald Massa"
Дата:
Simone,

Mainstream Support for Windows 2000 Server is scheduled to end at

    June 30, 2005

So there are only 6 months left ... when installing a NEW server, that
should make it clear without regards to postgresql.

> The information contained in this e-mail message (including any attached
> files) is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only and is privileged
> information. The information should neither be posted to the Internet,

BTW: you DO know that you are posting to a mailinglist which is defacto "in
the public domain" and that nearly all mail transfer is transported via IP
Packets, which form the "Internet" so you allready posted this information
to the Internet?

Harald