Обсуждение: Re: [GENERAL] error moving table to tablespace

Re: [GENERAL] error moving table to tablespace

От
Andreas Pflug
Tom Lane wrote:
> Andreas Pflug <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de> writes:
>
>>I just reproduced this on win32. The file already exists, and is locked.
>

> Oh, I'll bet it's the original copy of the table that hasn't been
> removed yet.

You win.

> We may have an issue with SET TABLESPACE failing to close
> the old file, so it can't be deleted yet on Windows ...

Might not be the whole truth, the file *is* deleted when the backend is
shut down. Maybe the OS delays the delete if the file is still open; I'm
not familiar enough with that part of code to verify it.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: [GENERAL] error moving table to tablespace

Дата:
Andreas Pflug <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Oh, I'll bet it's the original copy of the table that hasn't been
>> removed yet.

> You win.

I looked at the ALTER TABLE SET TABLESPACE code and saw that it was
indeed failing to close the original table.  I've committed a fix.
Can someone check that this particular failure mode is gone on Windows
with CVS tip?

            regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:
> Andreas Pflug <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de> writes:
>
>>Tom Lane wrote:
>>
>>>Oh, I'll bet it's the original copy of the table that hasn't been
>>>removed yet.
>

>>You win.
>

> I looked at the ALTER TABLE SET TABLESPACE code and saw that it was
> indeed failing to close the original table.  I've committed a fix.
> Can someone check that this particular failure mode is gone on Windows
> with CVS tip?

Yes, it's gone. The table file now vanishes immediately from the
previous tablespace dir.

Regards,
Andreas