Обсуждение: backslash commands under win32

backslash commands under win32

when running psql in a cmd.exe like

psql template1

it's not possible to enter a backslash-command ( no echo when typing backslash )

When running the same psql in a cmd.exe without readline

psql -n template1

the problem does not appear

Does the win32 port use a wrong readline ?

Best regards

tom

Re: backslash commands under win32

От
"Merlin Moncure"
Tom Z wrote:
Hi,

when running psql in a cmd.exe like
psql template1
it's not possible to enter a backslash-command ( no echo when typing
backslash )
When running the same psql in a cmd.exe without readline
psql -n template1
the problem does not appear
Does the win32 port use a wrong readline ?
Best regards
Tom

<snip>

Are you using the precompiled binary or did you roll your own?  The psql
I have been using works fine.

Merlin

Re: backslash commands under win32

I'm using the precompiled version (downloaded from www.hagander.net/pgsql/win32snap)

Some days ago I've tested a self compiled version (from the latest snapshot)

Tom

"Merlin Moncure" <merlin.moncure@rcsonline.com>

23.06.04 14:04

        Thema:        RE: [pgsql-hackers-win32] backslash commands under win32

Tom Z wrote:
Hi,

when running psql in a cmd.exe like
psql template1
it's not possible to enter a backslash-command ( no echo when typing
backslash )
When running the same psql in a cmd.exe without readline
psql -n template1
the problem does not appear
Does the win32 port use a wrong readline ?
Best regards
Tom

<snip>

Are you using the precompiled binary or did you roll your own?  The psql
I have been using works fine.

Merlin

Re: backslash commands under win32

От
Martin Kanich
Дата:
Hi Tom,

you already posted similar message. I discovered, that it's the
readline. It should work with vc6, but mingw version has this problem -
so you know what to do :-)
The Question is, why none of the PostreSQL hackers said what to do now
with upstream sources :-)

Martin

Tom.Zschockelt@flender.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using the precompiled version (downloaded from
> www.hagander.net/pgsql/win32snap)
>
> Some days ago I've tested a self compiled version (from the latest
> snapshot)
>
> Tom

Re: backslash commands under win32

От
Daniel Schuchardt
Дата:
Tom.Zschockelt@flender.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> when running psql in a cmd.exe like
>
> psql template1
>
> it's not possible to enter a backslash-command ( no echo when typing
> backslash )
>

> When running the same psql in a cmd.exe without readline
>
> psql -n template1
>
> the problem does not appear
>
> Does the win32 port use a wrong readline ?
>

> Best regards
>
> tom

I have the same problem. psql -c "\d" works fine.

Daniel

Re: backslash commands under win32

От
"Merlin Moncure"
Дата:
> Hi Tom,
>
> you already posted similar message. I discovered, that it's the
> readline. It should work with vc6, but mingw version has this problem
-
> so you know what to do :-)
> The Question is, why none of the PostreSQL hackers said what to do now
> with upstream sources :-)
>
> Martin
>
> Tom.Zschockelt@flender.com wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using the precompiled version (downloaded from
> > www.hagander.net/pgsql/win32snap)
> >
> > Some days ago I've tested a self compiled version (from the latest
> > snapshot)
> >
> > Tom

Just to clarify: I can execute
\i c:/cvs/sql/setup_database.sql

from the very same issue with no problems.  Remember that your slashes
are reversed in the current version...if you are typing them in
correctly then you must have some local configuration related issue.

Merlin