Обсуждение: initdb problen

initdb problen

От
"Korea PostgreSQL Users' Group"
Дата:
I successed to compile and run PostgreSQL for mingw
but
bootstrap_template1 function in initdb.c made a problem to locale.

In PostgeSQL,
if value of LC_COLLATE  is not C
then sortting is not work when use korean language.

I used this command to make db.

initdb -D data --no-locale

this command successed.
but pg_controldata command returned incorrect values.

LC_COLLATE:                         Korean_Korea.949
LC_CTYPE:                             Korean_Korea.949

My windows box is korean XP.

How I can change above these values to C?

Re: initdb problem

От
"Korea PostgreSQL Users' Group"
Дата:
This bug is about setlocale function in win32.

please check and fix.

Re: initdb problen

От
Claudio Natoli
Дата:
What if you instead try:

initdb --locale=C

Looks like "--no-locale" is not "equivalent to --locale=C", at least under
win32.

Cheers,
Claudio

---
<a
ailpolicy.html</a>

Re: initdb problen

От
"Korea PostgreSQL Users' Group"
Дата:
it works still problem.

setlocale() function is not equivalent between unix and win32

plz check.

multibyte text is not sorted.