Обсуждение: libpq.dll for win32 always using ssl

libpq.dll for win32 always using ssl

От
"Tony and Bryn Reina"
Дата:
I've compiled libpq.dll for Windows including the OpenSSL functionaility. It works great, but I can't seem to turn off SSL encryption.

From what I undertand, the libpq function PQconnectdb should be able to take the option "requiressl=1". I was thinking that stating "requiressl=0" might turn off SSL; or, perhaps simply not specifying the requiressl option might turn off SSL. Neither of these seem to be the case. Can anyone help? How can I force the library not to use encryption?

Thanks.
-Tony

p.s. For what it's worth, I'm getting about a 30% speed hit with using SSL in my database queries.

Re: libpq.dll for win32 always using ssl

Дата:
"Tony and Bryn Reina" <reina_ga@hotmail.com> writes:
> ? How can I force the library not to use encryption?

In 7.3 you can't.  7.4 changed the meaning of the option so that you
can.

            regards, tom lane

Re: libpq.dll for win32 always using ssl

От
"Tony and Bryn Reina"
Дата:
Ahhh! My bad. I see now from the 7.4 docs that a new option called 'sslmode'
is defined and 'requiressl' is deprecated. This seems to work nicely.

Thanks Tom.
-Tony

> > ? How can I force the library not to use encryption?
>
> In 7.3 you can't.  7.4 changed the meaning of the option so that you
> can.
>
> regards, tom lane

Re: libpq.dll for win32 always using ssl

Дата:
Tony and Bryn Reina wrote:
> Ahhh! My bad. I see now from the 7.4 docs that a new option called 'sslmode'
> is defined and 'requiressl' is deprecated. This seems to work nicely.

Also, I don't think you will see the 30% degredation for SSL you saw in
7.3.