Обсуждение: For the start

For the start

От
"Darko Prenosil"
Дата:
Bruce, I fetched WIN32_DEV branch from CVS and did :

autoconf
---------
    For autoconf you'll need "MSYS-1.0.9.exe" and maybe
"msysDTK-1.0.1.exe",(I'm not shore for that last one).

    If autoconf is skipped, configure won't work correctly (I doubt You
remember, but I told You about it before about 2 months -
there is problem with sysmlinks on windows).
There is also possibility to make autoconf from sources (I'm using 2.57
compiled from sources because pgAdmin requires that version).

Other packages that I have installed are :
    libiconv-1.8.0-2003.02.01-1.exe
    gettext-0.11.5-2003.02.01-1.exe
    bison-1.875.0-2003.02.10-1.exe
and they all can be found on MinGW site (link I mentioned earlier today)

configure
----------
    configure went OK, and You can see that bison is recognized:

    checking for bison... bison -y

    There is also need for docbook, but that package for MinGW I did not
find.

make
------
        thread.c:70: conflicting types for `pqGetpwuid'
        ../../src/include/port.h:116: previous declaration of `pqGetpwuid'

There was no such error before about two months when I tried it.
If I recall correctly, Andreas was doing some patches on this matter
recently ?

Complete configure and make outputs are attached. I'll try to figure out if
Andres patch can solve this.

Regards !

Вложения

Re: For the start

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
Darko Prenosil wrote:

>------
>        thread.c:70: conflicting types for `pqGetpwuid'
>        ../../src/include/port.h:116: previous declaration of `pqGetpwuid'
>
>There was no such error before about two months when I tried it.
>If I recall correctly, Andreas was doing some patches on this matter
>recently ?

Hi Darko,

pqGetpwuid should not compile under win32 because of the WIN32 macro
(it's only used by libpq for SSL client certificates, and win32 libpq
won't support this at the moment), I'd be quite surprised if this macro
isn't defined for mingw because standard win32 headers would be affected
(I'd expect it at least in the makefile as -DWIN32 or so). Bruce
suggested there might arise problems with WIN32, if you got new findings
please let us know.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: For the start

От
"Darko Prenosil"
> >        thread.c:70: conflicting types for `pqGetpwuid'
> >        ../../src/include/port.h:116: previous declaration of
`pqGetpwuid'

> >There was no such error before about two months when I tried it.
> >If I recall correctly, Andreas was doing some patches on this matter
> >recently ?
> >
> Hi Darko,
>
> pqGetpwuid should not compile under win32 because of the WIN32 macro
> (it's only used by libpq for SSL client certificates, and win32 libpq
> won't support this at the moment), I'd be quite surprised if this macro
> isn't defined for mingw because standard win32 headers would be affected
> (I'd expect it at least in the makefile as -DWIN32 or so). Bruce
> suggested there might arise problems with WIN32, if you got new findings
> please let us know.

Are You talking about current 7.4 head or WIN32_DEV branch ?
I see WIN32 macro in current CVS head, but not in WIN32_DEV branch. As I
said before, it looks like we need first to apply Your patches to WIN32_DEV
branch before going further.

Regards !

Re: For the start

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
Darko Prenosil wrote:

> [...]
Ok, I don't have the WIN32_DEV branch, so I'm actually talking about CVS
head.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: For the start

От
"Marc G. Fournier"

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003, Andreas Pflug wrote:

> >Are You talking about current 7.4 head or WIN32_DEV branch ?
> >I see WIN32 macro in current CVS head, but not in WIN32_DEV branch. As I
> >said before, it looks like we need first to apply Your patches to WIN32_DEV
> >branch before going further.
> >
> Ok, I don't have the WIN32_DEV branch, so I'm actually talking about CVS
> head.

no work on win32 will be done on CVS Head unti its all working in
WIN32_DEV ...