Обсуждение: [ADMIN] Increase retention period of a table in database

[ADMIN] Increase retention period of a table in database

От
Ishan Arora

Hello Team,

I wanted to know if there is a way to increase the retention period of a table in database?

I have created a database for storing chat messages; it is integrated with Cisco IM & Presence application. For details on integration: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-presence-version-80/117735-cups-postgres-00.html

In the created db, the chat messages are stored in the ‘jm’ table for which the retention period seems to be 15 days. I would like to know if this can be increased and how.

Any inputs are highly appreciated.

Thanks & regards,

Ishan Arora

Re: [ADMIN] Increase retention period of a table in database

От
scott ribe
Дата:
There is no "retention period" in Postgres. If messages are disappearing after 15 days, then your application is
deletingthem.

--
Scott Ribe
https://www.linkedin.com/in/scottribe/

Re: [ADMIN] Increase retention period of a table in database

От
Scott Mead

On Oct 13, 2017, at 08:42, Ishan Arora <Ishan.Arora@anm.com> wrote:

Hello Team,

I wanted to know if there is a way to increase the retention period of a table in database?

I have created a database for storing chat messages; it is integrated with Cisco IM & Presence application. For details on integration: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-presence-version-80/117735-cups-postgres-00.html

In the created db, the chat messages are stored in the ‘jm’ table for which the retention period seems to be 15 days. I would like to know if this can be increased and how.

Postgres itself does not have any way to define a retention period for data as you describe. Once the data goes in, the user or application must issue a statement to delete the data, This would be done by the application vendor ( Cisco).  Most likely it’s a configuration option on the admin section of the application. I recommend you contact Cisco support for details.