Обсуждение: [DOCS] INSERT documentation

[DOCS] INSERT documentation

От
nat@makarevitch.org
Дата:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/sql-insert.html

In the "ON CONFLICT Clause" section of the official INSERT documentation (
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/sql-insert.html#sql-on-conflict )
you can read:
"index_column_name
The name of a table_name column."
This seems misleading to me as multiple columns may be named there.  The
second sentence of this section's second paragraph is clear ("When
performing inference, it consists of one or more index_column_name") but a
reader jumping to the detail may miss this information.

Suggestion: s/The name of a table_name column/The name of at least one
column/

Thank you for the useful and appreciated work on PostgreSQL.

Re: [DOCS] INSERT documentation

От
Marko Tiikkaja