Обсуждение: [DOCS] How to prompt for a value if a variable is not set

[DOCS] How to prompt for a value if a variable is not set

От
randy@strausses.net
Дата:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/app-psql.html

I want to make a small script to show the primary key for a table and put
the name into a variable.

Called from another script, the tablename is set in a variable called
tablename.  But if the variable is not set, I want the script to prompt for
it.

Is there a way to do this?
thx,
-r

Re: [DOCS] How to prompt for a value if a variable is not set

От
"David G. Johnston"
Дата:
But if the variable is not set, I want the script to prompt for
it.

In version 10 this should be doable, we introduced \if conditionals.  You might be able to hack up something via "\!" in 9.6 and earlier (haven't tried it myself).

David J.