Обсуждение: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Accept that server might not be able to send error in crashreco

[COMMITTERS] pgsql: Accept that server might not be able to send error in crashreco

От
Andres Freund
Дата:
Accept that server might not be able to send error in crash recovery test.

As it turns out we can't rely that the script's monitoring session is
terminated with a proper error by the server, because the session
might be terminated while already trying to send data.

Also improve robustness and error reporting facilities of the test,
developed while debugging this issue.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/20170920020038.kllxgilo7xzwmtto@alap3.anarazel.de

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/5ada1fcd0c30be1b0b793a802cf6da386a6c1925

Modified Files

Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Accept that server might not be able to send error in crash reco

Дата:
> Accept that server might not be able to send error in crash recovery test.

piculet says you didn't cover all the bases:

https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=piculet&dt=2017-09-22%2017%3A10%3A01

Looks like you missed adding the "server closed the connection
unexpectedly" alternative to one of the three places.

Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Accept that server might not be able to senderror in crash reco

От
Andres Freund
Дата:
On 2017-09-22 13:30:14 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Accept that server might not be able to send error in crash recovery test.
>
> piculet says you didn't cover all the bases:
>
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=piculet&dt=2017-09-22%2017%3A10%3A01
>
> Looks like you missed adding the "server closed the connection
> unexpectedly" alternative to one of the three places.

I'd hoped^Wassumed it couldn't happen in that case.  I'll expand the
expected output. FWIW, I kinda like the new debugging output for this -
makes it much easier to diagnose.

Besides this individual test, I think we really need to do something
that increases the likelihood of getting these error messages to
clients.

Greetings,

Andres Freund