Обсуждение: Array representation [pgAdmin4]

Array representation [pgAdmin4]

От
Harshal Dhumal
Дата:
Hi Dave,

Regarding RM2641 how should we represent array data types; With curly braces (like pgAdminIII) or without curly braces (only comma separated)?
Currently in pgAdmin4 curly braces do not appear for text and int array data types however they do appear for real, bigint, float, etc array data types.

Also additional efforts will required If we plan to represent like pgAdminIII as we'll need to update/add slickgrid cell editors/formatter for array data types.

--
Harshal Dhumal
Sr. Software Engineer

EnterpriseDB India: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Array representation [pgAdmin4]

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Hi

Regarding RM2641 how should we represent array data types; With curly braces (like pgAdminIII) or without curly braces (only comma separated)?
Currently in pgAdmin4 curly braces do not appear for text and int array data types however they do appear for real, bigint, float, etc array data types.

With I would say, as that's how PostgreSQL will display them.

Also additional efforts will required If we plan to represent like pgAdminIII as we'll need to update/add slickgrid cell editors/formatter for array data types.

It would be nice to have an array-aware editor that allows you to add/remove from a list, and reorder it etc. But that's for another day.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company