Обсуждение: [ADMIN] px_resetlog Archiving doesn't work now

[ADMIN] px_resetlog Archiving doesn't work now

От
EDELPINO
Дата:
Hi for anybody can help me.
My colleagues have delete the files from the pg_xlog
  after that they did a px_resetlog and start de database and it's working
now but when I set the archiving on in other path, this one doesn't work and
the files from pg_xlog folder are not rotated.

Can anyone help in this?

Thanks in advance.

Re: [ADMIN] px_resetlog Archiving doesn't work now

От
Albe Laurenz
EDELPINO wrote:
> My colleagues have delete the files from the pg_xlog
>   after that they did a px_resetlog and start de database and it's working
> now but when I set the archiving on in other path, this one doesn't work and
> the files from pg_xlog folder are not rotated.
>
> Can anyone help in this?

Dump the database.

Stop the cluster and take a physical file system backup.
Keep this if it turns out that the dump was not good.

Remove the cluster and create a new one with "initdb".

Restore the dump into the new cluster.

Check if all data are there and look good.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: [ADMIN] px_resetlog Archiving doesn't work now

От
EDELPINO
Дата:
Hi Albe,

Thank you very much for your quick response.
The case is that we not have a cluster, we have an isolate postgres
instance.
I think it would be a risk to do a initdb do you agree?

Greetings
Enrique del Pino

Re: [ADMIN] px_resetlog Archiving doesn't work now

От
Ashish Tiwari
Дата:
Hi EDELPINO,

If your Pgdata is safe the restore the DB using File system backup in fresh Postgresql instance and enable the Archive .

Or you take the db backup using pg_dump and restore on another fresh Postgresql installation .it is more suitable since you have already executed the pg_resetxlog.

Thanks.

My colleagues have delete the files from the pg_xlog
  after that they did a px_resetlog and start de database and it's working
now but when I set the archiving on in other path, this one doesn't work and
the files from pg_xlog folder are not rotated.

Can anyone help in this?

Thanks in advance.

Re: [ADMIN] px_resetlog Archiving doesn't work now

От
EDELPINO
Дата:
Hi Ashish,