Обсуждение: [HACKERS] strange error message from slave when connection to master cannot be established

[HACKERS] strange error message from slave when connection to master cannot be established

От
Pavel Stehule
Дата:
Hi

I got strange error message - false message - max connection is less on slave than on master, although these numbers was same. The issue was in wrong connection string in recovery conf and slave cannot to check master and used some defaults.

Regards

Pavel

Re: [HACKERS] strange error message from slave when connection tomaster cannot be established

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 12:30 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
> I got strange error message - false message - max connection is less on
> slave than on master, although these numbers was same. The issue was in
> wrong connection string in recovery conf and slave cannot to check master
> and used some defaults.

I don't understand this problem report.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: [HACKERS] strange error message from slave when connection tomaster cannot be established

От
Pavel Stehule

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 12:30 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
> I got strange error message - false message - max connection is less on
> slave than on master, although these numbers was same. The issue was in
> wrong connection string in recovery conf and slave cannot to check master
> and used some defaults.

I don't understand this problem report.

I am sorry. I did training so I had not enough time to get enough data.

We started slave and start fails. The error message was some about less max connection on slave than master. Slave had 30, Master had 30.  But we had a issue in ssl configuration on slave connection string. And although slave didn't connect master we got a massage about different max connection - 30 was compared with default 100.

Regards

Pavel

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: [HACKERS] strange error message from slave when connection tomaster cannot be established

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 1:17 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 12:30 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > I got strange error message - false message - max connection is less on
>> > slave than on master, although these numbers was same. The issue was in
>> > wrong connection string in recovery conf and slave cannot to check
>> > master
>> > and used some defaults.
>>
>> I don't understand this problem report.
>
> I am sorry. I did training so I had not enough time to get enough data.
>
> We started slave and start fails. The error message was some about less max
> connection on slave than master. Slave had 30, Master had 30.  But we had a
> issue in ssl configuration on slave connection string. And although slave
> didn't connect master we got a massage about different max connection - 30
> was compared with default 100.

I don't think that changing the SSL configuration can make any
difference to this error message, but replaying an
XLOG_PARAMETER_CHANGE WAL record might.