Обсуждение: [pgsql-www] doc-searching for v10 broken

[pgsql-www] doc-searching for v10 broken

От
Erik Rijkers
Дата:
The search at
  https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/index.html

does not find anything.

The produced url is:  https://www.postgresql.org/search/?u=%2Fdocs%2F10.0%2F&q=select

which (apparently) should be:  https://www.postgresql.org/search/?u=%2Fdocs%2F10.0%2F&q=select

i.e.,  s/10/10.0/

Erik Rijkers

Re: [pgsql-www] doc-searching for v10 broken

От
Erik Rijkers
Дата:
Oops I typoed a url, but the problem is real.

Again:

The produced url is:  https://www.postgresql.org/search/?u=%2Fdocs%2F10%2F&q=select

which (apparently) should be:  https://www.postgresql.org/search/?u=%2Fdocs%2F10.0%2F&q=select

i.e.,  s/10/10.0/

Erik Rijkers

Re: [pgsql-www] doc-searching for v10 broken

От
Magnus Hagander

Oops I typoed a url, but the problem is real.

Again:

The search at

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/index.html

 does not find anything.

The produced url is:
  https://www.postgresql.org/search/?u=%2Fdocs%2F10%2F&q=select

which (apparently) should be:
  https://www.postgresql.org/search/?u=%2Fdocs%2F10.0%2F&q=select

i.e.,  s/10/10.0/

That is indeed broken. I've spotted the problem, will get a fix in as soon as I have fixed my testing environment.

//Magnus

Re: [pgsql-www] doc-searching for v10 broken

Дата:
> On Sun, May 28, 2017 at 8:09 AM, Erik Rijkers <er@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>> i.e.,  s/10/10.0/

> That is indeed broken. I've spotted the problem, will get a fix in as soon
> as I have fixed my testing environment.

Don't we want it to go the other way around, ie the documentation URL for
v10 should contain "10" not "10.0"?
        regards, tom lane

On Sun, May 28, 2017 at 11:03 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On Sun, May 28, 2017 at 8:09 AM, Erik Rijkers <er@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>> i.e.,  s/10/10.0/

> That is indeed broken. I've spotted the problem, will get a fix in as soon
> as I have fixed my testing environment.

Don't we want it to go the other way around, ie the documentation URL for
v10 should contain "10" not "10.0"?

Yes. I was a bit short in my response. The problem is that it's trying to index it under 10.0, which has no content. And then the search tries to use 10.

--

Re: [pgsql-www] doc-searching for v10 broken

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Sun, May 28, 2017 at 11:38 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

On Sun, May 28, 2017 at 11:03 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On Sun, May 28, 2017 at 8:09 AM, Erik Rijkers <er@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>> i.e.,  s/10/10.0/

> That is indeed broken. I've spotted the problem, will get a fix in as soon
> as I have fixed my testing environment.

Don't we want it to go the other way around, ie the documentation URL for
v10 should contain "10" not "10.0"?

Yes. I was a bit short in my response. The problem is that it's trying to index it under 10.0, which has no content. And then the search tries to use 10.

Fix has been deployed, and seems to work now.

Thanks for the report!