Обсуждение: [SQL] exporting query result

[SQL] exporting query result

От
Günce Kaya
Дата:
Good morning all,

I use COPY to exporting query result but I'm curious If there is any way to export query result to a CSV file's different spreadsheets through Pgadmin or server?

Regards

--
Gunce Kaya

Re: [SQL] exporting query result

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 05/12/2017 02:14 AM, Günce Kaya wrote:
> Good morning all,
>
> I use COPY to exporting query result but I'm curious If there is any way
> to export query result to a CSV file's different spreadsheets through
> Pgadmin or server?

You can export to CSV using COPY. For pgAdmin see:

https://www.pgadmin.org/docs/pgadmin4/1.x/import_export_data.html?highlight=csv

If this is not what you want then you will need to be more specific
about what you are trying to achieve.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: [SQL] exporting query result

От
Günce Kaya
Дата:
Hello,

Thank you for your advice. But I did not want to ask about using Copy. I always use it but my requirement  is if there is anyway to export query result to CSV's different sheets.

Regards,
Gunce Kaya

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
Gunce Kaya

Re: [SQL] exporting query result

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 05/12/2017 08:58 AM, Günce Kaya wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thank you for your advice. But I did not want to ask about using Copy. I
> always use it but my requirement  is if there is anyway to export query
> result to CSV's different sheets.

CSV != spreadsheet. You can export to CSV using COPY or \copy in psql
and then import those into a spreadsheet. If you want something that
creates an xls(x) file directly then that is going to require a third
party software. I use Python for doing stuff like that. Some programs I
use are:

Pandas
http://pandas.pydata.org/pandas-docs/stable/io.html

XlsxWriter
http://xlsxwriter.readthedocs.io/

csvkit
http://csvkit.readthedocs.io/en/1.0.2/

FYI, csvkit is a collection of command line tools, so it just needs
Python to be installed.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: [SQL] exporting query result

От
Günce Kaya
Дата:
Hi again,

Thank you for your advice. It's more clear now. I'll look at this link.

Regards,

Gunce Kaya

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
Gunce Kaya

Re: [SQL] exporting query result

От
Thomas Kellerer
Дата:
Günce Kaya schrieb am 12.05.2017 um 17:58:
> Thank you for your advice. But I did not want to ask about using
> Copy. I always use it but my requirement  is if there is anyway to
> export query result to CSV's different sheets.

A  CSV file has no sheets (it does not even have a "structure" as it is plain text).

The tool I am maintaining can do you what you want (or at least what I think you want):

It has a built-in command to export data to various formats including ODS or XLSX which you need in order to create
multiple"sheets"

The following command
  WbExport -file=data.xlsx -sourceTable=table_one,table_two, table_three;

Creates a single XLSX file with three sheets, one for each table.

You can download it here: http://www.sql-workbench.net/

For details on the WbExport command see here: http://www.sql-workbench.net/manual/command-export.html

Disclosure: I am the author of that tool.

Regards
Thomas

Re: [SQL] exporting query result

От
Günce Kaya
Дата:
Hi Thomas,

After your mail I figured out that I need export result to excel file. I used workbench before but I did not know to do it.

Thanks a lot,
Regards.
Gunce