Обсуждение: [ADMIN] Setting wild card IP's on postgres

[ADMIN] Setting wild card IP's on postgres

От
"Gone, Sajan"
Дата:
Hi,

    I am trying to allow application connections from all the hosts starting with IP addresses 10.4.***

Is  adding the following  line on pg_hba.conf is appropriate to do so?

host    xuser        xdatabase         10.4.*.*/32             password

Are would I have to set the IP address in a different way?

Thank You,
Sajan Gone
Database Administrator
L Brands
Mobile #: 517-990-5282
Office #:   614-577-7622

Notice: This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by email, and immediately delete the message and any attachments without copying or disclosing them. LB may, for any reason, intercept, access, use, and disclose any information that is communicated by or through, or which is stored on, its networks, applications, services, and devices.

Re: [ADMIN] Setting wild card IP's on postgres

От
Samed YILDIRIM
Дата:
Hi Sajan,

Please try 10.4.0.0/16

Best regards.

İyi çalışmalar.
Samed YILDIRIM

    I am trying to allow application connections from all the hosts starting with IP addresses 10.4.***

Is  adding the following  line on pg_hba.conf is appropriate to do so?

host    xuser        xdatabase         10.4.*.*/32             password

Are would I have to set the IP address in a different way?

Thank You,
Sajan Gone
Database Administrator
L Brands
Mobile #: 517-990-5282
Office #:   614-577-7622
<en-clipboard>

Notice: This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by email, and immediately delete the message and any attachments without copying or disclosing them. LB may, for any reason, intercept, access, use, and disclose any information that is communicated by or through, or which is stored on, its networks, applications, services, and devices.

Re: [ADMIN] Setting wild card IP's on postgres

От
"Gone, Sajan"
Дата:
Thanks Samed. That works perfectly.

Thanks,
Sajan Gone.

[...]

Stéphane KANSCHINE
Дата:
Le jeu.  4 mai, vers 19:10, Gone, Sajan exprimait :

> Thanks Samed. That works perfectly.

It work because it respects CIDR notation, as explained in the
documentation.

CIDR : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classless_Inter-Domain_Routing

Documentation : https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/auth-pg-hba-conf.html

--