Обсуждение: [GENERAL] Postgres connection Monitor

[GENERAL] Postgres connection Monitor

От
basti
Дата:
Hallo, we have a Postgres database Server and around that there are 8
clients get data from it.

All servers are the the same datacenter i think (traceroute only 4-5 hops)

Now we plan to move the server to an other hoster/datacenter.

I have done simple test with ping and traceroute.
Is there a way to monitor "traffic times" in postgres ?
How long a query would take to be answered ?

Re: [GENERAL] Postgres connection Monitor

От
Jan de Visser
Дата:
> Hallo, we have a Postgres database Server and around that there are 8
> clients get data from it.
>
> All servers are the the same datacenter i think (traceroute only 4-5 hops)
>
> Now we plan to move the server to an other hoster/datacenter.
>
> I have done simple test with ping and traceroute.
> Is there a way to monitor "traffic times" in postgres ?
> How long a query would take to be answered ?

You could write a tiny little C program which connects and sends a
PQping(), and measure that.