Обсуждение: [NOVICE] Change PostgreSQL Default Password Encryption

[NOVICE] Change PostgreSQL Default Password Encryption

От
Pankaj Arora
Дата:
Greetings,

Wanted to check how to change the default PostgreSQL password encryption method from MD5 to SHA.

From what I read online is that in order to make this change, I will have to change the Source Code but could not get more info on it.

I am a little new to this, so any help will be appreciated.

Note: I am using PostgreSQL 9.5.4

Thanks,
Arora

Re: [NOVICE] Change PostgreSQL Default Password Encryption

От
hubert depesz lubaczewski
Дата:
On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 05:32:26PM -0400, Pankaj Arora wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Wanted to check how to change the default PostgreSQL password encryption
> method from MD5 to SHA.
>
> From what I read online is that in order to make this change, I will have
> to change the Source Code but could not get more info on it.
>
> I am a little new to this, so any help will be appreciated.
>
> Note: I am using PostgreSQL 9.5.4

Wait for Pg 10 that will be released soon-ish, and then migrate to scram
passwords.

Best regards,

depesz

Re: [NOVICE] Change PostgreSQL Default Password Encryption

От
Pankaj Arora
Дата:
Thanks for the info Depesz.

But is there anyway you or anyone can guide me on how to make the encryption changes (from MD5 to SHA) in 9.5?

Thanks
Arora

--
~Pankaj Arora