Обсуждение: [BUGS] BUG #14617: Stetement terminator stored in pg_stat_statements

[BUGS] BUG #14617: Stetement terminator stored in pg_stat_statements

От
buschmann@nidsa.net
Дата:

Bug reference:      14617
Logged by:          Hans Buschmann
Email address:      buschmann@nidsa.net
PostgreSQL version: 9.6.2
Operating system:   Windows x64

I recently observed that the statement terminator (the semicolon) is stored
as part of the query column in pg_stat_tables.

When used programmatically (from Web application) the same statement has no
query separator and generates a separate entry in pg_stat_statements.
I observed it with a query like:

refresh materialized view my_mat_view;

which occurred twice when used interactively and by the program.

In my opinion the semicolon should be strapped before normalizing the query
for entry into pg_stat_statements.

Re: [BUGS] BUG #14617: Stetement terminator stored in pg_stat_statements

Дата:
buschmann@nidsa.net writes:
> In my opinion the semicolon should be strapped before normalizing the query
> for entry into pg_stat_statements.

This has been changed already for v10, but we're not planning to
back-patch any such change into existing releases.