Обсуждение: [HACKERS] problems compiling in solaris 10

[HACKERS] problems compiling in solaris 10

От
Jaime Casanova
Дата:
Hi,

I'm compiling HEAD on solaris 10 and i'm getting this warning

"""
float.c: In function ‘is_infinite’:
float.c:201:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘isinf’
[-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
  int   inf = isinf(val);
  ^
geo_ops.c: In function ‘pg_hypot’:
geo_ops.c:5459:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘isinf’
[-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
  if (isinf(x) || isinf(y))
  ^
timestamp.c: In function ‘float8_timestamptz’:
timestamp.c:722:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘isinf’
[-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
  if (isinf(seconds))
  ^
execute.c: In function ‘sprintf_double_value’:
execute.c:466:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘isinf’
[-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
  else if (isinf(value))
  ^
"""

reason seems to be that solaris define isinf() inside iso/math_c99.h
(which is included by math.h) and only if __C99FEATURES__ is defined.
and yes, adding 'CFLAGS="-D __C99FEATURES__" does that warning to go

------

another problem i found is that if i configure using
--enable-profiling then error is raised:

"""
checking thread safety of required library functions... no
configure: error: thread test program failed
This platform is not thread-safe.  Check the file 'config.log' or compile
and run src/test/thread/thread_test for the exact reason.
Use --disable-thread-safety to disable thread safety.
"""

seems there is a segmentation fault when trying to compile the test,
attached is config.log

--
Jaime Casanova                      www.2ndQuadrant.com

Re: [HACKERS] problems compiling in solaris 10

Дата:
Jaime Casanova <jaime.casanova@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> I'm compiling HEAD on solaris 10 and i'm getting this warning

> float.c: In function ‘is_infinite’:
> float.c:201:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘isinf’
> [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

There was a previous discussion of that here:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/542269E4.40406%40ohmu.fi

The discussion seems to have trailed off without any agreement to do
anything about it.  The concern was basically that turning on C99
mode might cause problems worse than an apparently-harmless warning.
        regards, tom lane