Обсуждение: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make useful infrastructure from aset.c generally available.

[COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make useful infrastructure from aset.c generally available.

От
Andres Freund
Дата:
Make useful infrastructure from aset.c generally available.

An upcoming patch introduces a new type of memory context. To avoid
duplicating debugging infrastructure within aset.c, move useful pieces
to memdebug.[ch].

While touching aset.c, fix printf format code in AllocFree* debug
macros.

Author: Tomas Vondra
Reviewed-By: Andres Freund
Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/b3b2245c-b37a-e1e5-ebc4-857c914bc747@2ndquadrant.com

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/bfd12cccbd72c1846bfa3e4031155c9bd479d70a

Modified Files
--------------
src/backend/utils/mmgr/Makefile   |   2 +-
src/backend/utils/mmgr/aset.c     | 115 +-------------------------------------
src/backend/utils/mmgr/memdebug.c |  93 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
src/include/utils/memdebug.h      |  48 ++++++++++++++++

Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make useful infrastructure from aset.cgenerally available.

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On 2/27/17 07:01, Andres Freund wrote:
> Make useful infrastructure from aset.c generally available.

It looks like something in this patch set has upset the test_decoding
check on several build farm machines (all arm or powerpc it seems).  Any
ideas?

Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make useful infrastructure from aset.cgenerally available.

От
Andres Freund
Дата:
On 2017-02-28 23:08:32 -0500, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 2/27/17 07:01, Andres Freund wrote:
> > Make useful infrastructure from aset.c generally available.
>
> It looks like something in this patch set has upset the test_decoding
> check on several build farm machines (all arm or powerpc it seems).  Any
> ideas?

Yea, there's an ongoing discussion (and patches) about it below
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20170227164828.akgzeg6ggl2v4x7s@alap3.anarazel.de

and I'm in fact waiting for the result of a check-world to push an a fix
(which I've previously verified to address the issue, thanks Craig).

- Andres