Обсуждение: [GENERAL] Segmentation fault calling shared object file

[GENERAL] Segmentation fault calling shared object file

От
Martin Moore
Дата:
Hi, I have a ‘C’ shared object that has been running on postgres since 8.3 and maybe before – on 32 bit Debian.
Currentlyon 9.3.

I’m trying to migrate to Google cloud  (64 bit Debian) and get a seg fault when calling one of the functions which have
beenrecompiled on the Google instance.

This occurs on 9.3, 9.4 and  9.5 which leads me to believe it’s an environment/architecture issue.

I’m kinda stuck now!

Any help gratefully received.

Rgds,

Martin.

Re: [GENERAL] Segmentation fault calling shared object file

Дата:
Martin Moore <martin.moore@avbrief.com> writes:
> Hi, I have a ‘C’ shared object that has been running on postgres since 8.3 and maybe before – on 32 bit Debian.
Currentlyon 9.3.
> I’m trying to migrate to Google cloud  (64 bit Debian) and get a seg fault when calling one of the functions which
havebeen recompiled on the Google instance.
> This occurs on 9.3, 9.4 and  9.5 which leads me to believe it’s an environment/architecture issue.

Given the facts stated, the most obvious explanation is that there's
something in your code that's dependent on a 32-bit environment ---
trying to store a pointer in an integer, say.  Can't debug it for
you though.  I'd suggest recompiling with full warnings (gcc -Wall
at least) and paying close attention to anything the compiler warns
about.

            regards, tom lane