Обсуждение: [NOVICE] Override Like Operator

[NOVICE] Override Like Operator

От
Rouzzi Anissa
Дата:
Hi,

I need to override Like Operator because it's sensitive case, how could i achieve that?

Thanks a lot
--
-- Cordialement
-- ROUZZI Anissa

Re: [NOVICE] Override Like Operator

От
Binand Sethumadhavan
Дата:
On 23 January 2017 at 19:37, Rouzzi Anissa <rouzzi.anissa@gmail.com> wrote:
> I need to override Like Operator because it's sensitive case, how could i achieve that?

From https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/functions-matching.html:

"The key word ILIKE can be used instead of LIKE to make the match
case-insensitive according to the active locale. This is not in the
SQL standard but is a PostgreSQL extension."

Binand

Re: [SPAM] [NOVICE] Override Like Operator

От
Moreno Andreo
Дата:
Il 23/01/2017 15:07, Rouzzi Anissa ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I need to override Like Operator because it's sensitive case, how
> could i achieve that?

use upper()
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/functions-string.html

i.e.
select foo from bar where upper(foobar) like '%BLAH%';

HTH
Moreno