Обсуждение: [BUGS] BUG #14485: Error in copy from temp

[BUGS] BUG #14485: Error in copy from temp

От
lars@ellebjerg.net
Дата:

Bug reference:      14485
Logged by:          Lars Ellebjerg
Email address:      lars@ellebjerg.net
PostgreSQL version: 9.6.0
Operating system:   Windows

I believe I have experienced an error in copying from a temporary table.

I have a csv-file with a column of ten-digit person registry numbers, some
of which start with zero.
I need to copy them to a column 'cpr' in a table, which also contains an id
serial column.
If I do this by copying them to a temp table with a single text column, and
then inserting them into the permanent table, the initial zero is removed
somewhere between the temp and the permanent table.
If I do the same using a permanent table instead of the temp table, the copy
works fine including the initial zeros.

create temporary table t (x1 text);

copy t (x1)
from 'C:/CPR hjemmesygepleje.csv' delimiter ';' csv;

insert into aeldrepleje.hjemmesygeplejemodtagere (cpr)
select x1 from t;

select * from aeldrepleje.hjemmesygeplejemodtagere;

create table aeldrepleje.hspm (cpr text);

copy aeldrepleje.hspm (cpr)
from 'C:/CPR hjemmesygepleje.csv' delimiter ';' csv;

insert into aeldrepleje.hjemmesygeplejemodtagere (cpr)
select cpr from aeldrepleje.hspm;

select * from aeldrepleje.hjemmesygeplejemodtagere;

Re: [BUGS] BUG #14485: Error in copy from temp

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 11:15 PM,  <lars@ellebjerg.net> wrote:
> I believe I have experienced an error in copying from a temporary table.
>
> I have a csv-file with a column of ten-digit person registry numbers, some
> of which start with zero.
> I need to copy them to a column 'cpr' in a table, which also contains an id
> serial column.
> If I do this by copying them to a temp table with a single text column, and
> then inserting them into the permanent table, the initial zero is removed
> somewhere between the temp and the permanent table.
> If I do the same using a permanent table instead of the temp table, the copy
> works fine including the initial zeros.
>
> create temporary table t (x1 text);
>
> copy t (x1)
> from 'C:/CPR hjemmesygepleje.csv' delimiter ';' csv;
>
> insert into aeldrepleje.hjemmesygeplejemodtagere (cpr)
> select x1 from t;
>
> select * from aeldrepleje.hjemmesygeplejemodtagere;
>

> create table aeldrepleje.hspm (cpr text);
>
> copy aeldrepleje.hspm (cpr)
> from 'C:/CPR hjemmesygepleje.csv' delimiter ';' csv;
>
> insert into aeldrepleje.hjemmesygeplejemodtagere (cpr)
> select cpr from aeldrepleje.hspm;
>
> select * from aeldrepleje.hjemmesygeplejemodtagere;

Could you send a minimal data CSV set to reproduce your problem? That
would be helpful to look at what you reported here.
--
Michael