Обсуждение: [pgadmin-hackers] PATCH: To fix the issue in Database node (pgAdmin4)

[pgadmin-hackers] PATCH: To fix the issue in Database node (pgAdmin4)

От
Murtuza Zabuawala
Дата:
Hi,

PFA patch to fix the issue in database node where it was not showing comments if database created with allow_connections=false.
RM#2024

Please review.

Murtuza Zabuawala
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Вложения

Re: [pgadmin-hackers] PATCH: To fix the issue in Database node (pgAdmin4)

От
Murtuza Zabuawala
Дата:
Hi Dave,

I am not able to re-produce it, I reviewed reconnect to database logic and it is not affected by this patch, Would you please provide me exact steps?

Murtuza Zabuawala
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

PFA patch to fix the issue in database node where it was not showing comments if database created with allow_connections=false.
RM#2024

Whilst it otherwise seems fine, if I try to change the comment on a database that *does* allow connections through the properties dialogue, I immediately get asked if I want to reconnect.

Thanks, Dave.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: [pgadmin-hackers] PATCH: To fix the issue in Database node (pgAdmin4)

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Hi

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 10:00 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala
<murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> I am not able to re-produce it, I reviewed reconnect to database logic and
> it is not affected by this patch, Would you please provide me exact steps?

Weird, neither can I now. I guess something was messed up in my
environment then.

Patch applied - sorry for the noise!

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: [pgadmin-hackers] PATCH: To fix the issue in Database node (pgAdmin4)

От
George Gelashvili
Дата:
Hi Dave and Murtuza,

FYI - on our machines, running the DatabasesUpdateTestCase fails with an error after e431eb9d8ecc28572b39d26c9effcf66f70f6ae1:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/pivotal/workspace/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/browser/server_groups/servers/databases/tests/test_db_put.py", line 58, in runTest
    self.db_id)
  File "/Users/pivotal/workspace/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/browser/server_groups/servers/databases/tests/utils.py", line 149, in disconnect_database
    assert db_con.status_code == 200
AssertionError

- Tira & George

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 10:43 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 10:00 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala
<murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> I am not able to re-produce it, I reviewed reconnect to database logic and
> it is not affected by this patch, Would you please provide me exact steps?

Weird, neither can I now. I guess something was messed up in my
environment then.

Patch applied - sorry for the noise!

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: [pgadmin-hackers] PATCH: To fix the issue in Database node (pgAdmin4)

От
Murtuza Zabuawala
Дата:
Let me check

Murtuza Zabuawala
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

FYI - on our machines, running the DatabasesUpdateTestCase fails with an error after e431eb9d8ecc28572b39d26c9effcf66f70f6ae1:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/pivotal/workspace/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/browser/server_groups/servers/databases/tests/test_db_put.py", line 58, in runTest
    self.db_id)
  File "/Users/pivotal/workspace/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/browser/server_groups/servers/databases/tests/utils.py", line 149, in disconnect_database
    assert db_con.status_code == 200
AssertionError

- Tira & George

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 10:43 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 10:00 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala
<murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> I am not able to re-produce it, I reviewed reconnect to database logic and
> it is not affected by this patch, Would you please provide me exact steps?

Weird, neither can I now. I guess something was messed up in my
environment then.

Patch applied - sorry for the noise!

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: [pgadmin-hackers] PATCH: To fix the issue in Database node (pgAdmin4)

От
Dave Page
Дата:
FYI, I've reverted this patch for now, as I found it was causing other problems.

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 5:40 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala
<murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Let me check
>
> --
> Regards,
> Murtuza Zabuawala
> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
>
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 2:16 AM, George Gelashvili <ggelashvili@pivotal.io>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Dave and Murtuza,
>>
>> FYI - on our machines, running the DatabasesUpdateTestCase fails with an
>> error after e431eb9d8ecc28572b39d26c9effcf66f70f6ae1:
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File
>> "/Users/pivotal/workspace/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/browser/server_groups/servers/databases/tests/test_db_put.py",
>> line 58, in runTest
>>     self.db_id)
>>   File
>> "/Users/pivotal/workspace/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/browser/server_groups/servers/databases/tests/utils.py",
>> line 149, in disconnect_database
>>     assert db_con.status_code == 200
>> AssertionError
>>
>> - Tira & George
>>

>> On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 10:43 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi

>>> Weird, neither can I now. I guess something was messed up in my
>>> environment then.
>>>
>>> Patch applied - sorry for the noise!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Dave Page
>>> Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
>>> Twitter: @pgsnake
>>>
>>> EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
>>> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
>>>

>>> --

Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: [pgadmin-hackers] PATCH: To fix the issue in Database node (pgAdmin4)

От
Murtuza Zabuawala
Дата:
Hi Dave,

PFA updated patch for the same.

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 6:59 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
FYI, I've reverted this patch for now, as I found it was causing other problems.

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 5:40 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala
<murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Let me check
>
> --
> Regards,
> Murtuza Zabuawala
> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
>
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 2:16 AM, George Gelashvili <ggelashvili@pivotal.io>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Dave and Murtuza,
>>
>> FYI - on our machines, running the DatabasesUpdateTestCase fails with an
>> error after e431eb9d8ecc28572b39d26c9effcf66f70f6ae1:
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File
>> "/Users/pivotal/workspace/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/browser/server_groups/servers/databases/tests/test_db_put.py",
>> line 58, in runTest
>>     self.db_id)
>>   File
>> "/Users/pivotal/workspace/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/browser/server_groups/servers/databases/tests/utils.py",
>> line 149, in disconnect_database
>>     assert db_con.status_code == 200
>> AssertionError
>>
>> - Tira & George
>>

>> On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 10:43 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi

>>> Weird, neither can I now. I guess something was messed up in my
>>> environment then.
>>>
>>> Patch applied - sorry for the noise!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Dave Page
>>> Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
>>> Twitter: @pgsnake
>>>
>>> EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
>>> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
>>>

>>> --

Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Вложения

Re: [pgadmin-hackers] PATCH: To fix the issue in Database node (pgAdmin4)

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Can you rebase this please? It no longer applies.

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 5:15 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala
<murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> PFA updated patch for the same.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Murtuza Zabuawala
> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
>
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 6:59 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>
>> FYI, I've reverted this patch for now, as I found it was causing other
>> problems.
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 5:40 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala
>> <murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> > Let me check
>> >
>> > --
>> > Regards,
>> > Murtuza Zabuawala
>> > EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
>> > The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
>> >
>> > On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 2:16 AM, George Gelashvili
>> > <ggelashvili@pivotal.io>

>> --
>> Dave Page
>> Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
>> Twitter: @pgsnake

>> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: [pgadmin-hackers] PATCH: To fix the issue in Database node (pgAdmin4)

От
Murtuza Zabuawala
Дата:
Hi Dave,

Last patch had Python-3 fix for test suite, but now it is already committed.
PFA updated patch.

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 5:18 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Can you rebase this please? It no longer applies.

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 5:15 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala
<murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> PFA updated patch for the same.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Murtuza Zabuawala
> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
>
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 6:59 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>
>> FYI, I've reverted this patch for now, as I found it was causing other
>> problems.
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 5:40 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala
>> <murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> > Let me check
>> >
>> > --
>> > Regards,
>> > Murtuza Zabuawala
>> > EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
>> > The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
>> >
>> > On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 2:16 AM, George Gelashvili
>> > <ggelashvili@pivotal.io>

>> --
>> Dave Page
>> Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
>> Twitter: @pgsnake

>> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Вложения

Re: [pgadmin-hackers] PATCH: To fix the issue in Database node (pgAdmin4)

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Hi

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 12:21 PM, Murtuza Zabuawala
<murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Last patch had Python-3 fix for test suite, but now it is already committed.
> PFA updated patch.

It still doesn't work completely for me. I tried changing the value of
bytea_output in a database that *does* allow connections, and I get a
503 response from the server, with a message of:

{"info":"CONNECTION_LOST","errormsg":"Connection to the server has
been lost!","data":{"database":null,"conn_id":null,"sid":1},"result":null,"success":0}

The payload sent via PUT to
http://127.0.0.1:5050/browser/database/obj/1/1/12403 was:

{"id":12403,"variables":{"changed":[{"role":"pgweb","name":"bytea_output","value":"hex","database":"postgres"}]}}

It works fine without the patch applied.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: [pgadmin-hackers] PATCH: To fix the issue in Database node (pgAdmin4)

От
Murtuza Zabuawala
Дата:
Hi Dave,

Please find updated patch, Tested against maintenance database as well.

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 6:39 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 12:21 PM, Murtuza Zabuawala
<murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Last patch had Python-3 fix for test suite, but now it is already committed.
> PFA updated patch.

It still doesn't work completely for me. I tried changing the value of
bytea_output in a database that *does* allow connections, and I get a
503 response from the server, with a message of:

{"info":"CONNECTION_LOST","errormsg":"Connection to the server has
been lost!","data":{"database":null,"conn_id":null,"sid":1},"result":null,"success":0}

The payload sent via PUT to
http://127.0.0.1:5050/browser/database/obj/1/1/12403 was:

{"id":12403,"variables":{"changed":[{"role":"pgweb","name":"bytea_output","value":"hex","database":"postgres"}]}}

It works fine without the patch applied.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Вложения

Re: [pgadmin-hackers] PATCH: To fix the issue in Database node (pgAdmin4)

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Hi

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 5:31 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala
<murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Please find updated patch, Tested against maintenance database as well.

I can change parameters on the maintenance DB now, but it still
crashes if I try to change the comment. Both operations on other
databases seem to work OK.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: [pgadmin-hackers] PATCH: To fix the issue in Database node (pgAdmin4)

От
Murtuza Zabuawala
Дата:
Hi Dave,

PFA updated patch, issue was conn.release(did=did) was removing all connection for same database from connection manager.
We have now created new connection for offline updates using "conn_id" parameter instead of did.

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 8:03 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 5:31 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala
<murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Please find updated patch, Tested against maintenance database as well.

I can change parameters on the maintenance DB now, but it still
crashes if I try to change the comment. Both operations on other
databases seem to work OK.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Вложения

Re: [pgadmin-hackers] PATCH: To fix the issue in Database node (pgAdmin4)

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Thanks - patch applied!

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 10:08 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala