Обсуждение: [GENERAL] Write-optimized data structures

[GENERAL] Write-optimized data structures

От
selforganized
Дата:
Hi,

Does Postgresql have any write-optimized data structure like LSM-tree? if not is there any plan to implement that?

I'm building a write-heavy OLTP application. I'm looking at write-optimized databases like MyRocks, TokuDB, and Cassandra but I'd prefer to stay within Postgresql. Would PG makes sense for such usage?

Thanks
Andy

Re: [GENERAL] Write-optimized data structures

От
Merlin Moncure
Дата:
On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 4:03 PM, selforganized <selforganized@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does Postgresql have any write-optimized data structure like LSM-tree? if
> not is there any plan to implement that?
>
> I'm building a write-heavy OLTP application. I'm looking at write-optimized
> databases like MyRocks, TokuDB, and Cassandra but I'd prefer to stay within
> Postgresql. Would PG makes sense for such usage?

The database world is unfortunately full of hype.  Some of it is real,
but buyer beware.  Are you sure the current postgres architecture
can't sustain your application?  If so, why?

merlin