Обсуждение: [GENERAL] Fwd: Request to share approach during REINDEX operation

[GENERAL] Fwd: Request to share approach during REINDEX operation

От
Yogesh Sharma
Дата:
Adding subject line....

Dear All,

Thanks for your support.
I am using postgresql 9.3.6 on RHEL6.6 machine.
In my production environment, Some script are executing automatically through cron.
These script are performing insert and update operation.

Also, every hour,i am performing VACUUM and REINDEX operation on table.

Is there any solution available to perform only REINDEX operation and other insert or updation operations from other script will not perform during REINDEX execution?
      OR
Preferably, during REINDEX operation, other script execution for insert/update may wait until reindex will not completed.

Regards,
Yogesh

Re: [GENERAL] Fwd: Request to share approach during REINDEX operation

От
Vick Khera
Дата:
On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 4:02 AM, Yogesh Sharma <yogeshraj95@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, every hour,i am performing VACUUM and REINDEX operation on table.

Why?

Re: [GENERAL] Request to share approach during REINDEX operation

От
Yogesh Sharma
Дата:
Dear Vick,

I have responded on previously mail.

In my production system, there are lot of read write operation performed every hour.

Regards,
yogesh
On Wednesday, December 21, 2016, Vick Khera <vivek@khera.org> wrote:
On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 4:02 AM, Yogesh Sharma <yogeshraj95@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, every hour,i am performing VACUUM and REINDEX operation on table.

Why?

Re: [GENERAL] Request to share approach during REINDEX operation

От
Steven Winfield

> In my production system, there are lot of read write operation performed every hour.

Apologies if this sounds patronising but I just wanted to check - you know that indexes are updated automatically when write operations occur, right?

This email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise us immediately and delete this message. The registered name of Cantab- part of GAM Systematic is Cantab Capital Partners LLP. See - http://www.gam.com/en/Legal/Email+disclosures+EU for further information on confidentiality, the risks of non-secure electronic communication, and certain disclosures which we are required to make in accordance with applicable legislation and regulations. If you cannot access this link, please notify us by reply message and we will send the contents to you.

Re: [GENERAL] Request to share approach during REINDEX operation

От
Yogesh Sharma
Дата:
Dear Steven,