Обсуждение: PGAdmin 4 feature request/feedback

PGAdmin 4 feature request/feedback

От
bradlymathews
Дата:
Hello,

I have been using PGAdmin 4 for a very short time, but there are a few
things that are making my workflow longer I wanted to point out. Some advice
on a better way to do it or pointing out what I am missing would be
appreciated, else count this as a feedback/feature request post.

I am sorry if this post comes across as overly negative, I know a lot of
effort went into this and it is a 1.0 release. I see a lot to like so far
and a lot of potential.

Note that I am on Windows.

1.  The F5 keyboard shortcut for refresh is gone (it now runs a query?). I
now need to right click and select refresh. This seems minor, but I used F5
A LOT.

2. The second thing is multiselect of database object. Before I could click
the Tables leaf, get a list of table on the right, select a bunch of them
and drop them all. Same with fields and I am sure many others, but tables
and fields are what I did that most with. Now it seems I have to do this one
at a time from the tree.

3. The toolbar is gone. If I want to open a table, I now need to use the
context menu - more clicks. (Remember, toolbars are awesome!)

4. It is pretty slow overall and I have a brand new Core i7 with PCIe SSDs.
As a software engineer I know this is pretty typical of v1 releases.

That is all I have so far.

- Brad

Re: PGAdmin 4 feature request/feedback

От
bradlymathews
Дата:
A few more things I have run across:

How do I remove the backup/restore progress windows? They just hang out with
no apparent way to close them. If you click "Click here for details" you can
get them to go away. But a few seconds later one of the windows pops up
again.

I woke my DB server from sleep this morning to start some more
backups/restores (moving to a new server box hence the new version of
Postgres and PGAdmin) and the backup and restore windows both accepted my
requests without complaint, but no progress windows popped up. Turns out I
was not connected to the server. That makes sense after waking from sleep,
but PGAdmin did not say anything about not being connected.

When I reconnected, the progress window that had been popping back up on its
own, changed: It went from saying "Successfully Completed" to "Running..."
It is the backup task I tried to start while I was supposedly not connected
to the old server. Maybe that explains why the progress window lept popping
back up?

The restore action I tried to start while the local (new) database was not
connected did not restart. I just tried to start it again, I got a quick
notification window, but I have no progress window for it.

Lastly, most of the time I need to click the Restore button on the Restore
dialog twice to get it to start - like the first click brings focus back to
the form so it can now receive the button_click message.

- Brad

Re: PGAdmin 4 feature request/feedback

От
bradlymathews
Дата:
A few more items in the file

Select File dialog:

The filenames are getting cut off at 10 characters. So if I have multiple
files like, Maphazards_Q1_2013, MapHazards_Q2_2013, etc. that all show up as
Maphazards... This happens in both grid view (which makes sense) and table
view (which does not).

There is no way to sort the files that I can see.

If it could remember the folder you were last in, it would really be a time
saver.

Import/Export a table
These do not appear to do anything. The dialog comes up, but nothing is
actually exported or imports.

When you drag a .SQL file into a query tool the tab has a generic name like
"Query-6" rather than the actual file name.

I also keep getting errors backing up/restoring databases. I finally gave up
on PGAdmin 4 and went back to PGAdmin 3 (even though it supposedly does not
support PostgreSQl 9.6) and my backups/restores are working now.