Обсуждение: Query available indexes via jdbc meta data does not work any more in PostgreSQL 9.6.0

Query available indexes via jdbc meta data does not work any more in PostgreSQL 9.6.0

От
Tillmann Schulz
Дата:
Hello,

We are using Postgres 9.5 and want to migrate to 9.6.0.
Unfortuantelly our application works with 9.5 but doesn't work with 9.6. It fails while querying index informations via
jdbcmeta data.

The error message is:

Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: Column am.amcanorder doesnt exist
Position: 427
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:2270)
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1998)
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:255)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:570)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:406)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeQuery(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:286)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2DatabaseMetaData.getIndexInfo(AbstractJdbc2DatabaseMetaData.java:4234)

It would be nice, if Postgres 9.6 could query index information via jdbc meta data.

Best regards

Tillmann Schulz

Re: Query available indexes via jdbc meta data does not work any more in PostgreSQL 9.6.0

Дата:
Tillmann Schulz <tillmann73@yahoo.de> writes:
> We are using Postgres 9.5 and want to migrate to 9.6.0.
> Unfortuantelly our application works with 9.5 but doesn't work with 9.6. It fails while querying index informations
viajdbc meta data.

> The error message is:
> Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: Column am.amcanorder doesnt exist

You need a version of the JDBC driver that's 9.6 compatible.  I think
there's been such a release but am not sure about the number.

            regards, tom lane

Re: [JDBC] Query available indexes via jdbc meta data does not work any more in PostgreSQL 9.6.0

От
Dave Cramer

On 10 October 2016 at 10:47, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Tillmann Schulz <tillmann73@yahoo.de> writes:
> We are using Postgres 9.5 and want to migrate to 9.6.0.
> Unfortuantelly our application works with 9.5 but doesn't work with 9.6. It fails while querying index informations via jdbc meta data.

> The error message is:
> Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: Column am.amcanorder doesnt exist

You need a version of the JDBC driver that's 9.6 compatible.  I think
there's been such a release but am not sure about the number.

                        regards, tom lane

yes, can you try with the latest driver 1211 ?

Re: [BUGS] Query available indexes via jdbc meta data does not work any more in PostgreSQL 9.6.0

Дата: