Обсуждение: PATCH: To fix the performance of delete operation (pgAdmin4)

PATCH: To fix the performance of delete operation (pgAdmin4)

От
Murtuza Zabuawala
Дата:
Hi,

PFA patch to fix the issue of slow performance while deleting rows from grid.
RM#1696

Issue:
As per logic implemented for Backgrid, we were deleting individual rows, means If user selects 100 rows to delete then we were rendering sql template 100 times to generate sql for each individual rows and then execute all 100 delete statements one by one due to which we were getting poor performance.

Please review.

Murtuza Zabuawala
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Вложения

Re: PATCH: To fix the performance of delete operation (pgAdmin4)

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Can you rebase this please?

Thanks.

Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: PATCH: To fix the performance of delete operation (pgAdmin4)

От
Murtuza Zabuawala
Дата:
Hi Dave,

Please find updated patch.

Regards,
Murtuza

Murtuza Zabuawala
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 11:08 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala
<murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> PFA patch to fix the issue of slow performance while deleting rows from
> grid.
> RM#1696
>
> Issue:
> As per logic implemented for Backgrid, we were deleting individual rows,
> means If user selects 100 rows to delete then we were rendering sql template
> 100 times to generate sql for each individual rows and then execute all 100
> delete statements one by one due to which we were getting poor performance.
>
> Please review.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Murtuza Zabuawala
> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Вложения

Re: PATCH: To fix the performance of delete operation (pgAdmin4)

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Thanks - committed with a couple of changes:

- I re-formatted the SQL
- s/lables/labels

Awesome speedup BTW - deleting 25K rows went from >10 minutes to
virtually instant. Good work.

On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 12:34 PM, Murtuza Zabuawala