Обсуждение: Archives down? 503 error

Archives down? 503 error

Дата:
I am seeing a 503 error from our archives:
      http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/54B70C3F.4020102@dunslane.net
       Error 503 Backend fetch failed
       Backend fetch failed       Guru Meditation:
       XID: 13756651
       Varnish cache server

http://enterprisedb.com

+ Roman grave inscription                             +

Re: Archives down? 503 error

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
> I am seeing a 503 error from our archives:
>
>        http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/54B70C3F.4020102@dunslane.net
>
>         Error 503 Backend fetch failed
>
>         Backend fetch failed
>         Guru Meditation:
>
>         XID: 13756651
>
>         Varnish cache server

Yeah, zalkon was having issues resolving DNS for wrigleys.  Seemed to be
some kind of intermittent ipv6 or possibly ipv6+DNS issue.  Also appears
to have now cleared by itself..

Thanks!

Stephen

Re: Archives down? 503 error

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
href="mailto:bruce@momjian.us">bruce@momjian.us</a>)wrote:<br /> > > I am seeing a 503 error from our
archives:<br/> > ><br /> > >        <a
href="http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/54B70C3F.4020102@dunslane.net">http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/54B70C3F.4020102@dunslane.net</a><br
wrigleys. Seemed to be<br /> > some kind of intermittent ipv6 or possibly ipv6+DNS issue.  Also appears<br /> >
tohave now cleared by itself..<br /><p dir="ltr">Just to be clear, neither DNS or wrigleys have anything at all to do
withdelivering the archives Web pages. And I'm pretty sure the backend communication is actually ally v4 on that one.<p
dir="ltr">Thatsaid, general network issues obviously does, so that's probably what the issue was. <p dir="ltr">/Magnus

Re: Archives down? 503 error

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
* Magnus Hagander (magnus@hagander.net) wrote:
> On Oct 6, 2015 4:36 AM, "Stephen Frost" <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> >
> > * Bruce Momjian (bruce@momjian.us) wrote:
> > > I am seeing a 503 error from our archives:
> > >

> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/54B70C3F.4020102@dunslane.net
> > >
> > >         Error 503 Backend fetch failed
> > >
> > >         Backend fetch failed
> > >         Guru Meditation:
> > >
> > >         XID: 13756651
> > >
> > >         Varnish cache server
> >
> > Yeah, zalkon was having issues resolving DNS for wrigleys.  Seemed to be
> > some kind of intermittent ipv6 or possibly ipv6+DNS issue.  Also appears
> > to have now cleared by itself..
>
> Just to be clear, neither DNS or wrigleys have anything at all to do with
> delivering the archives Web pages. And I'm pretty sure the backend
> communication is actually ally v4 on that one.

Err, right, the archives are off of arkaria, the main website backend is
wrigleys.  The first issue that I noticed was that DNS wasn't working
and while I was trying to figure out what was going on, things seemed to
come back.

> That said, general network issues obviously does, so that's probably what
> the issue was.

Yeah.  They were rather odd issues- borg couldn't make TCP/53
connections to secarus or other systems, triona was failing DNS for
things in postgresql.org, and borg also couldn't get to some hosts for a
period of time.  Further, some systems were getting connection refused
errors when trying to hit mahout on 443.

Seemed to be more than the usual run-of-the-mill network connectivity
issues as we were getting actual connection refused responses in some
caes like someone's IDS went insane or a firewall popped up in front of
us somewhere.

In any case, things did end up resolving themselves relatively quickly..

Thanks!

Stephen