Обсуждение: Login to wiki expires every hour?

Login to wiki expires every hour?

Дата:
I noticed the past few weeks that I am having to re-login to the wiki
every hour or so to make changes.  Is that expected?  I can just click
"Login" and it re-logs me in, but this is new behavior.

http://enterprisedb.com

Re: Login to wiki expires every hour?

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 12:20 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> I noticed the past few weeks that I am having to re-login to the wiki
> every hour or so to make changes.  Is that expected?  I can just click
> "Login" and it re-logs me in, but this is new behavior.

Are you sure you're not just holding it wrong? ;)

For example, one thing that bites me now and then is that if you go
back to the http version you look logged out, because for security we
only allow the login on the https version...

Nothing has been changed on that system for quite a while now...

Re: Login to wiki expires every hour?

Дата:
On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 11:44:04AM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 12:20 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> > I noticed the past few weeks that I am having to re-login to the wiki
> > every hour or so to make changes.  Is that expected?  I can just click
> > "Login" and it re-logs me in, but this is new behavior.
>
> Are you sure you're not just holding it wrong? ;)
>
> For example, one thing that bites me now and then is that if you go
> back to the http version you look logged out, because for security we
> only allow the login on the https version...
>
> Nothing has been changed on that system for quite a while now...

The http: issue might be my problem.  Not sure how I am getting to http,
but I do see that in the URL bar.  Thanks for the tip.

http://enterprisedb.com

Re: Login to wiki expires every hour?

От
damien clochard
Дата:
Le 31/08/2012 16:05, Bruce Momjian a écrit :
> On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 11:44:04AM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 12:20 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>>> I noticed the past few weeks that I am having to re-login to the wiki
>>> every hour or so to make changes.  Is that expected?  I can just click
>>> "Login" and it re-logs me in, but this is new behavior.
>>
>> Are you sure you're not just holding it wrong? ;)
>>
>> For example, one thing that bites me now and then is that if you go
>> back to the http version you look logged out, because for security we
>> only allow the login on the https version...
>>
>> Nothing has been changed on that system for quite a while now...
>
> The http: issue might be my problem.  Not sure how I am getting to http,
> but I do see that in the URL bar.  Thanks for the tip.

Hi !

FYI there's a plugin called "HTTPS Everywhere" which allows you to
"force" HTPPS on a specific list of websites. Works with Chrome and Firefox.

https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere

--
damien clochard