Обсуждение: Archive dump for pgsql-jdbc?

Archive dump for pgsql-jdbc?

От
Craig Ringer
Дата:
Hi all

After some recent discussion on the PgJDBC list, it's looking like we
need a good way to find all messages in the last few months / year that
have patch attachments.

While I can download the mboxes for PgJDBC from the archive manager, I'm
wondering if this data has already been imported into Pg for fulltext
search in the archives, and if so how my chances of getting a dump of
the PgJDBC list history are?

--
Craig Ringer

Re: Archive dump for pgsql-jdbc?

Дата:
On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 11:42:14PM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> Hi all
>
> After some recent discussion on the PgJDBC list, it's looking like
> we need a good way to find all messages in the last few months /
> year that have patch attachments.
>
> While I can download the mboxes for PgJDBC from the archive manager,
> I'm wondering if this data has already been imported into Pg for
> fulltext search in the archives, and if so how my chances of getting
> a dump of the PgJDBC list history are?

I am not aware of any such feature.

http://enterprisedb.com

Re: Archive dump for pgsql-jdbc?

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 5:42 PM, Craig Ringer <ringerc@ringerc.id.au> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> After some recent discussion on the PgJDBC list, it's looking like we need a
> good way to find all messages in the last few months / year that have patch
> attachments.

I don't know of anyplace that has this - none of the pg.org systems
currently do.

The next generation of some of them might ;) But nothing at this point.

Re: Archive dump for pgsql-jdbc?

От
Craig Ringer
Дата:
Thanks Bruce & Magnus

I thought the archives search was powered by Pg's full-text search.
Sorry to bother you; I'll go batch download and import the mbox files.

--
Craig Ringer

On 08/27/2012 11:30 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 5:42 PM, Craig Ringer <ringerc@ringerc.id.au> wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> After some recent discussion on the PgJDBC list, it's looking like we need a
>> good way to find all messages in the last few months / year that have patch
>> attachments.
>
> I don't know of anyplace that has this - none of the pg.org systems
> currently do.
>
> The next generation of some of them might ;) But nothing at this point.

Re: Archive dump for pgsql-jdbc?

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Excerpts from Craig Ringer's message of lun ago 27 23:37:01 -0400 2012:
> Thanks Bruce & Magnus
>
> I thought the archives search was powered by Pg's full-text search.
> Sorry to bother you; I'll go batch download and import the mbox files.

That's correct, but I don't think there's a flag that says "this message
has an attachment".

Re: Archive dump for pgsql-jdbc?

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 3:59 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Excerpts from Craig Ringer's message of lun ago 27 23:37:01 -0400 2012:
>> Thanks Bruce & Magnus
>>
>> I thought the archives search was powered by Pg's full-text search.
>> Sorry to bother you; I'll go batch download and import the mbox files.
>
> That's correct, but I don't think there's a flag that says "this message
> has an attachment".

Indeed. The search server only has the FTI data, and very little
metadata about the message. And zero about attachments.

Re: Archive dump for pgsql-jdbc?

От
Craig Ringer
Дата:
On 08/28/2012 10:02 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 3:59 PM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> Excerpts from Craig Ringer's message of lun ago 27 23:37:01 -0400 2012:
>>> Thanks Bruce & Magnus
>>>
>>> I thought the archives search was powered by Pg's full-text search.
>>> Sorry to bother you; I'll go batch download and import the mbox files.
>> That's correct, but I don't think there's a flag that says "this message
>> has an attachment".
> Indeed. The search server only has the FTI data, and very little
> metadata about the message. And zero about attachments.

Aah, thanks. I'd assumed the full message body including attachments was
included - but it makes sense to strip them and only include the body.

It's all sorted, it landed up being *much* quicker than I expected to
batch-download and import the archives.

Thanks for checking.

--
Craig Ringer