Обсуждение: List footers still wrong

List footers still wrong

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
The signature divider on the new list footers is still "--\n".  It should
be "-- \n".

The pgsql-general list still uses the old "end of broadcast" footer.

Re: List footers still wrong

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:

Re: List footers still wrong

Дата:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 22:12:52 +0100
> Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
>
> > The signature divider on the new list footers is still "--\n".  It
> > should be "-- \n".
>
> As I recall, Marc said majordomo was eating the last space.
>

> > The pgsql-general list still uses the old "end of broadcast" footer.
> >

> I am still confused on this. We should just point everything to:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/subscribe

Agreed.  If we can get 'eliminatecc' and 'selfcopy' added I can point to
there from the FAQ.

http://postgres.enterprisedb.com

Re: List footers still wrong

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 22:12:52 +0100
> Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
>
> > The signature divider on the new list footers is still "--\n".  It
> > should be "-- \n".
>
> As I recall, Marc said majordomo was eating the last space.

My guess is that it could be fixed if he edited the file directly
instead of via the web form.

> > The pgsql-general list still uses the old "end of broadcast" footer.
>
> I am still confused on this. We should just point everything to:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/subscribe

No, we have a good URL that Magnus set up a couple of days ago, but Marc
hasn't gotten the word it seems.  He requires heavy nudging at times,
apparently.

Re: List footers still wrong

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:

Re: List footers still wrong

Дата:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 18:28:13 -0300
> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>
> > Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>
> > > http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/subscribe
> >
> > No, we have a good URL that Magnus set up a couple of days ago, but
> > Marc hasn't gotten the word it seems.  He requires heavy nudging at
> > times, apparently.
>
> What URL? it seems odd that we don't use the very form we are supposed
> to for managing this stuff, from the .Org website.

Agreed.  How is the redirect going to be much better than the web site
one?

http://postgres.enterprisedb.com

Re: List footers still wrong

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 18:28:13 -0300
> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>
>> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>
>>> http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/subscribe
>> No, we have a good URL that Magnus set up a couple of days ago, but
>> Marc hasn't gotten the word it seems.  He requires heavy nudging at
>> times, apparently.
>
> What URL? it seems odd that we don't use the very form we are supposed
> to for managing this stuff, from the .Org website.

The URL http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-www for this list, for
example. Substitute as necessary.

//Magnus

Re: List footers still wrong

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:

Re: List footers still wrong

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:

Re: List footers still wrong

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:

Re: List footers still wrong

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:

Re: List footers still wrong

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> As to where to redirect ... if that is where everyone wants it to be redirected
> to, that's cool, but I thought Magnus was working on a URL/redirect, just
> hadn't put it into production yet ...

It is already working:

http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-www

Re: List footers still wrong

Дата:
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> I just modified the _config file directly and added the
> space:

>                      'message_footer' => [
>                                            '-',
>                                            '-- ',
>                                            'Sent via $LIST mailing list
> ($LIST@postgresql.org)',
>                                            'To make changes to your
> subscription:',
> 'http://mail.postgresql.org/mj/mj_wwwusr?domain=postgresql.org&extra=$LIST'
>                                          ],
> See if that does it with this message ..

Yup, looks good from here.
        regards, tom lane

Re: List footers still wrong

От