Обсуждение: News & Community Login?

News & Community Login?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
WWW team,

Apparently we now need to use our community login to submit news now.  When
did that happen?

In any case, I can't remember what I used for community login, and there isn't
any way for me to retreive my login.  Help?  And can we get an e-mail back
system for the community login, if we're going to expect people to use it?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun

Re: News & Community Login?

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:

Re: News & Community Login?

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> WWW team,
>
> Apparently we now need to use our community login to submit news now.  When
> did that happen?

Back in may:
http://gborg.postgresql.org/pipermail/pgweb-commits/2007-May/001648.html

> In any case, I can't remember what I used for community login, and there isn't
> any way for me to retreive my login.  Help?  And can we get an e-mail back
> system for the community login, if we're going to expect people to use it?

There is one: http://www.postgresql.org/community/lostpwd

//Magnus

Re: News & Community Login?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Magnus,

> There is one: http://www.postgresql.org/community/lostpwd

In that case, that needs to be linked from the login screen.  It's not,
currently.

Also, there should be a link on the community login screen for where to
send news if you don't want to register for a community login.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: News & Community Login?

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:

Re: News & Community Login?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
JD,

> You mean on the left hand side in the navigation?

Not on the login screen you reach from News, it's not.  To get there
currently you have to:

Submit News --> Read about Community Login --> Scroll down to the left -->
Lost Password

*not* exactly intuitive.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: News & Community Login?

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:

Re: News & Community Login?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
> Accessing this resouce requires a community login. If you don't have
> one, or you have lost your password, please click here.

Not good enough.  There needs to be a *direct* link to "lost password".
The login --> create login --> lost password left-menu item sequence is
*not* intuitive.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: News & Community Login?

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:

Re: News & Community Login?

От
"Dave Page"

Err, no, because that would defeat the whole purpose of requiring a login (ie. eliminating insane amounts of robot
spam),or, if your suggesting an emaiL address, that would require us to reformat the text into an article which would
likelybe as time consuming. It's not like it's hard to sign up.

/D

/D

Re: News & Community Login?

От