Обсуждение: broken link on postgresql.org main page

broken link on postgresql.org main page

От
"Ivan Zolotukhin"
Дата:
Hello,

There's a broken link (404) on the postgresql.org main page.
It is "PostgreSQL in Web Applications (Moscow, Russia)" leading to
http://www.postgresql.org/about/event.515

Regards,
Ivan Zolotukhin

Re: broken link on postgresql.org main page

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
Ivan Zolotukhin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There's a broken link (404) on the postgresql.org main page.
> It is "PostgreSQL in Web Applications (Moscow, Russia)" leading to
> http://www.postgresql.org/about/event.515

Hello!

That link works fine for me. You probably managed to get the frontpage
just as the website was updating, and hadn't updated the actual page yet.

//Magnus

Re: broken link on postgresql.org main page

От
Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh
Дата:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Ivan Zolotukhin wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> There's a broken link (404) on the postgresql.org main page.
>> It is "PostgreSQL in Web Applications (Moscow, Russia)" leading to
>> http://www.postgresql.org/about/event.515
>
> Hello!
>
> That link works fine for me. You probably managed to get the frontpage
> just as the website was updating, and hadn't updated the actual page yet.
>
> //Magnus

Dear all,
When i open http://archives.postgresql.org/persianpug , i can't see
postgresql.org's template,I just see a white page.
Please consider it....
Yours,Mohsen

--
-------------------------
Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh

Re: broken link on postgresql.org main page

От
"Ivan Zolotukhin"
Дата:
Hello,

On 6/9/07, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> Ivan Zolotukhin wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > There's a broken link (404) on the postgresql.org main page.
> > It is "PostgreSQL in Web Applications (Moscow, Russia)" leading to
> > http://www.postgresql.org/about/event.515
>
> Hello!
>
> That link works fine for me. You probably managed to get the frontpage
> just as the website was updating, and hadn't updated the actual page yet.

Now it's fine actually. If site update was the case, it took >15hrs
which is quite a long for this operation.

Regards,
Ivan Zolotukhin

Re: broken link on postgresql.org main page

От
"Magnus Hagander"
Дата:
> > Ivan Zolotukhin wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > There's a broken link (404) on the postgresql.org main page.
> > > It is "PostgreSQL in Web Applications (Moscow, Russia)" leading to
> > > http://www.postgresql.org/about/event.515
> >
> > Hello!
> >
> > That link works fine for me. You probably managed to get the frontpage
> > just as the website was updating, and hadn't updated the actual page yet.
>
> Now it's fine actually. If site update was the case, it took >15hrs
> which is quite a long for this operation.

heh. No, then it's something else. we'll have to keep an eye on that.

/Magnus

Re: broken link on postgresql.org main page

От
"Nikolay Samokhvalov"
Дата:
I see 404 for Russian events again:
http://www.postgresql.org/about/event.537
http://www.postgresql.org/about/event.538
...while both are presented in the lists on main postgresql.org page.

I'm starting to think that postgresql.org site doesn't like news from Moscow :-)

At least the first one was added two days ago -- enough time for
spreading to all mirrors I think... BTW, as for descriptions of other
events -- it's ok.

On 6/12/07, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

> > > Hello!
> > >
> > > That link works fine for me. You probably managed to get the frontpage
> > > just as the website was updating, and hadn't updated the actual page yet.
> >
> > Now it's fine actually. If site update was the case, it took >15hrs
> > which is quite a long for this operation.
>
> heh. No, then it's something else. we'll have to keep an eye on that.
>
> /Magnus

Best regards,
Nikolay

Re: broken link on postgresql.org main page

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Sun, 2007-09-09 at 21:01 +0400, Nikolay Samokhvalov wrote:
> I see 404 for Russian events again:
> http://www.postgresql.org/about/event.537
> http://www.postgresql.org/about/event.538
> ...while both are presented in the lists on main postgresql.org page.

...because these event items were not approved yet. I just approved
them, they will appear in next site build.

OTOH, they should not even appear on frontpage. Need to look at that.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: broken link on postgresql.org main page

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Sun, Sep 09, 2007 at 08:25:37PM +0300, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 2007-09-09 at 21:01 +0400, Nikolay Samokhvalov wrote:
> > I see 404 for Russian events again:
> > http://www.postgresql.org/about/event.537
> > http://www.postgresql.org/about/event.538
> > ...while both are presented in the lists on main postgresql.org page.
>
> ...because these event items were not approved yet. I just approved
> them, they will appear in next site build.
>
> OTOH, they should not even appear on frontpage. Need to look at that.

My bad, broke it back at the rewrite - amazing nobody (incl me :-P)
pinpointed it until now.

Fixed, thanks for reporting!

//Magnus