Обсуждение: Re: [pgsql-slavestothewww] New News Entry (id: 791)

Re: [pgsql-slavestothewww] New News Entry (id: 791)

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 05:59:31AM +0000, World Wide Web Owner wrote:
> A new entry has been added to the news database.
>
> ----
> Submitted by: josh@postgresql.org
> Headline: Security Update Releases
> The PGDG has released a new minor version which fixes a privilege escalation exploit, as well as assorted minor
issues.

<snip>

How come we're not even listing the version numbers of our upgrades in the
news item?! A reason for it, or overlook?

//Magnus

Re: [pgsql-slavestothewww] New News Entry (id: 791)

Дата:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 05:59:31AM +0000, World Wide Web Owner wrote:
> > A new entry has been added to the news database.
> >
> > ----
> > Submitted by: josh@postgresql.org
> > Headline: Security Update Releases
> > The PGDG has released a new minor version which fixes a privilege escalation exploit, as well as assorted minor
issues.

> <snip>
>
> How come we're not even listing the version numbers of our upgrades in the
> news item?! A reason for it, or overlook?

Josh didn't have all releases mentioned in the original, so I didn't
add it.  What I did do, though, was to add the release numbers to the
email subject line.

--  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>          http://momjian.us EnterpriseDB
http://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: [pgsql-slavestothewww] New News Entry (id: 791)

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 05:59:31AM +0000, World Wide Web Owner wrote:
>>> A new entry has been added to the news database.
>>>
>>> ----
>>> Submitted by: josh@postgresql.org
>>> Headline: Security Update Releases
>>> The PGDG has released a new minor version which fixes a privilege escalation exploit, as well as assorted minor
issues.
>> <snip>
>>
>> How come we're not even listing the version numbers of our upgrades in the
>> news item?! A reason for it, or overlook?
>
> Josh didn't have all releases mentioned in the original, so I didn't
> add it.  What I did do, though, was to add the release numbers to the
> email subject line.

I think it's important to include it, because a lot of people have no
idea what we're talking about if we just say "back branches" or
something like that. And I do believe it should go in the contents to be
completely clear.

//Magnus

Re: [pgsql-slavestothewww] New News Entry (id: 791)

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Magnus Hagander wrote:

> >> <snip>
> >>
> >> How come we're not even listing the version numbers of our upgrades in the
> >> news item?! A reason for it, or overlook?
> >
> > Josh didn't have all releases mentioned in the original, so I didn't
> > add it.  What I did do, though, was to add the release numbers to the
> > email subject line.
>
> I think it's important to include it, because a lot of people have no
> idea what we're talking about if we just say "back branches" or
> something like that. And I do believe it should go in the contents to be
> completely clear.

FWIW I tried to add the version numbers to the techdocs page but it said
it was being edited for so long that I gave up.

Re: [pgsql-slavestothewww] New News Entry (id: 791)

Дата:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Magnus Hagander wrote:

> >> <snip>
> >>
> >> How come we're not even listing the version numbers of our upgrades in the
> >> news item?! A reason for it, or overlook?
> >
> > Josh didn't have all releases mentioned in the original, so I didn't
> > add it.  What I did do, though, was to add the release numbers to the
> > email subject line.
>
> I think it's important to include it, because a lot of people have no
> idea what we're talking about if we just say "back branches" or
> something like that. And I do believe it should go in the contents to be
> completely clear.

Sorry, seems the announce was approved before I could modify it.

--  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>          http://momjian.us EnterpriseDB
http://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: [pgsql-slavestothewww] New News Entry (id: 791)

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Bruce,

> Sorry, seems the announce was approved before I could modify it.

Hmmm, I sent you two versions, the later one had the release numbers.
Apparently you missed that e-mail, and I was stuck on an airplane.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Project

Re: [pgsql-slavestothewww] New News Entry (id: 791)

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Folks,

Ooops, sorry.  I was trying to post this while stranded in Dulles
airport (it took me 32 hours to get home from Sao Paulo) and apparently
screwed it up.  Looks like the last version I tried to post didn't
actually get saved.

--Josh