Обсуждение: Typos fixes and an accesskey

Typos fixes and an accesskey

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Hi,

I send again my patchs because they don't seem to appear on the mailing
list. I just hope you won't receive the two same messages.

You'll find attached a .tar.gz which contains two patches.

The first one, typos.patch, fixes a few typos I found while translating
the templates. Please, review them because I'm not a native english speaker.

The second one, searchaccesskey.patch, adds an accesskey (q) for the
search text box field. It's a quick way to access this text box. You can
change the key if you want but I would really like to see an access key
on this field.

I still have six template files to translate (docs/interfaces.html,
docs/books/awbook.html, download/commercial.html, support/security.html,
developer/bios.html and about/features.html).  Yeah, the bigger ones :)
I'll send them when they will be done.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.
<!-- http://abs.traduc.org/

Вложения

Re: Typos fixes and an accesskey

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I send again my patchs because they don't seem to appear on the mailing
> list. I just hope you won't receive the two same messages.
>
> You'll find attached a .tar.gz which contains two patches.
>

> The first one, typos.patch, fixes a few typos I found while translating
> the templates. Please, review them because I'm not a native english
> speaker.

This patch appears to contain a whole lot of changes that are just
whitespace (such as the indention). That makes it much harder to find
out what has really changed. Can you submit it without the whitespace
changes?

> The second one, searchaccesskey.patch, adds an accesskey (q) for the
> search text box field. It's a quick way to access this text box. You can
> change the key if you want but I would really like to see an access key
> on this field.

I'm not really sure about what you can and can not do with accesskeys,
but is there a particular reason you chose "q" for the search feature?
Seems like "s" would be a more logical choice?

//Magnus

Re: Typos fixes and an accesskey

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Magnus Hagander a écrit :
> Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I send again my patchs because they don't seem to appear on the mailing
>> list. I just hope you won't receive the two same messages.
>>
>> You'll find attached a .tar.gz which contains two patches.
>>

>> The first one, typos.patch, fixes a few typos I found while translating
>> the templates. Please, review them because I'm not a native english
>> speaker.
>
> This patch appears to contain a whole lot of changes that are just
> whitespace (such as the indention). That makes it much harder to find
> out what has really changed. Can you submit it without the whitespace
> changes?

I don't remember there was a lot of whitespace changes. I'll take a look
and re-submit it.

>> The second one, searchaccesskey.patch, adds an accesskey (q) for the
>> search text box field. It's a quick way to access this text box. You can
>> change the key if you want but I would really like to see an access key
>> on this field.
>
> I'm not really sure about what you can and can not do with accesskeys,
> but is there a particular reason you chose "q" for the search feature?
> Seems like "s" would be a more logical choice?

An access key is just a shortcut. On firefox, I think you have to use
Alt-Shift and the key. For example, with this patch Alt-Shit-q and your
cursor goes to the search text field.

q for query, q is the id of the field (not really a good reason :) ).

s is fine for me :)

I don't mind which letter is used as long as there's an accesskey.

--
Guillaume.
<!-- http://abs.traduc.org/     http://lfs.traduc.org/     http://docs.postgresqlfr.org/ -->

Re: Typos fixes and an accesskey

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
>[...]
> I don't remember there was a lot of whitespace changes. I'll take a look
> and re-submit it.

You'll find attached the two fixed patchs. You'll still find it hard to
get the differences, not because of whitespace but because of the long
strings. I've also re-added the accesskey one, this time with the "s"
accesskey.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.
<!-- http://abs.traduc.org/
      http://lfs.traduc.org/
      http://docs.postgresqlfr.org/ -->

Вложения

Re: Typos fixes and an accesskey

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 07:46:11AM +0200, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
> >[...]
> >I don't remember there was a lot of whitespace changes. I'll take a look
> >and re-submit it.
> >

> You'll find attached the two fixed patchs. You'll still find it hard to
> get the differences, not because of whitespace but because of the long
> strings. I've also re-added the accesskey one, this time with the "s"
> accesskey.

Thanks, that made it enough much easier to read :-)

Both applied, many thanks.

//Magnus