Обсуждение: function definitions

function definitions

От
"Crystal Whittier"
Дата:
To anyone who can help me out,
I was wondering if someone can steer me in the right direction.  I'm trying to retrieve the text of the functions in
ourdatabase.  I've searched all over the internet and have not seen a way to do this.  It seems that in pg_view there
isa column called definition, but pg_proc has nothing this simple.  I've tried looking at pg_dump to see if there's a
wayto use that, but haven't really seen one either.  Any ideas or things I can try of a different direction I should be
looking?
Thanks,
Crystal Whittier

Re: function definitions

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Crystal,

You should be posting this on pgsql-novice.  This mailing list is for
management of the PostgreSQL.org web sites.

> I was wondering if someone can steer me in the right direction.  I'm
> trying to retrieve the text of the functions in our database.  I've
> searched all over the internet and have not seen a way to do this.  It
> seems that in pg_view there is a column called definition, but pg_proc
> has nothing this simple.  I've tried looking at pg_dump to see if
> there's a way to use that, but haven't really seen one either.  Any
> ideas or things I can try of a different direction I should be looking?

\df+ function_name
in psql

or pg_proc.prosrc

or see the NewSysViews project: www.pgfoundry.org/projects/newsysviews