Обсуждение: search was down...

search was down...

От
"Magnus Hagander"
Дата:
.. searchd wasn't running. Have been restarted, seems to work now.

//Magnus

Re: search was down...

От
"Jim C. Nasby"
Дата:
On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 03:30:56PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> .. searchd wasn't running. Have been restarted, seems to work now.

Shouldn't something be monitoring searchd and restarting it or paging
someone when it fails?

Re: search was down...

От
"Magnus Hagander"
Дата:
> > .. searchd wasn't running. Have been restarted, seems to work now.
>
> Shouldn't something be monitoring searchd and restarting it
> or paging someone when it fails?

it was. It did send us emails. The problem is that most of the people
who could do anything about it was not available to fix it faster. I
think there are a couple of others who could've fixed it, but they
probably didn't realise what the problem was.

//Magnus

Re: search was down...

От
"Jim C. Nasby"
Дата:
On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 07:15:46PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > > .. searchd wasn't running. Have been restarted, seems to work now.
> >
> > Shouldn't something be monitoring searchd and restarting it
> > or paging someone when it fails?
>
> it was. It did send us emails. The problem is that most of the people
> who could do anything about it was not available to fix it faster. I
> think there are a couple of others who could've fixed it, but they
> probably didn't realise what the problem was.

I'd think that with the number of non-US folks around here we should be
able to get pretty good 24x7 support... has anyone mapped out who has
access to these systems and what timezones they're in?

Re: search was down...

От
"Magnus Hagander"
Дата:
> to work now.
> > >
> > > Shouldn't something be monitoring searchd and restarting it or
> > > paging someone when it fails?
> >
> > it was. It did send us emails. The problem is that most of
> the people
> > who could do anything about it was not available to fix it
> faster. I
> > think there are a couple of others who could've fixed it, but they
> > probably didn't realise what the problem was.
>
> I'd think that with the number of non-US folks around here we
> should be able to get pretty good 24x7 support... has anyone
> mapped out who has access to these systems and what timezones
> they're in?

Yeah, except that everyone of the europeans that could fix it except
Devrim is currently visiting the US...

//Magnus

Re: search was down...

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:
Hello,

On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 19:35 +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > I'd think that with the number of non-US folks around here we
> > should be able to get pretty good 24x7 support... has anyone
> > mapped out who has access to these systems and what timezones
> > they're in?
>
> Yeah, except that everyone of the europeans that could fix it except
> Devrim is currently visiting the US...

I was unaware of the problem today. I'd surely solve that if I was. As
some of you probably know, I'm far back from some e-mails. However, I
think I should mark my inbox as read and begin from scratch.

Sending me an SMS will work, BTW, in case of an emergency.