Обсуждение: Search Templates

Search Templates

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
Hi John,

Any eta on the updated template for the main website search? It still
seems to be in the style of the old site.

Cheers, Dave.

Re: Search Templates

От
"John Hansen"
> Any eta on the updated template for the main website search?
> It still seems to be in the style of the old site.

I'm doing that today.

> Cheers, Dave.

On http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/index.html there is a tag;
<input type="hidden" name="ul" value="http://www.postgresql.org/documentation///%" />

This is obviously wrong, it should be:
<input type="hidden" name="ul" value="http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/%" />

Can this please be fixed....?

I have not checked, but I assume this goes for everywhere there is a search box.
Eg, that it's currently wrong.

I'd also suggest, that the top right hand corner search box, have the ul parameter added to limit the search to the
currentwebsite like so:

<input type="hidden" name="ul" value="http://www.postgresql.org/%" />

... John

Re: Search Templates

От
"John Hansen"
Дата:
> Hi John,
>
> Any eta on the updated template for the main website search?
> It still seems to be in the style of the old site.

Done...

> Cheers, Dave.

... John

Re: Search Templates

От
"Dave Page"

Thanks John.

Regards Dave

Re: Search Templates

От
"John Hansen"
Дата:
> > > Hi John,
> > >
> > > Any eta on the updated template for the main website search?
> > > It still seems to be in the style of the old site.
> >
> > Done...
>
> Thanks John.

Uhmmm,...

Any eta on getting the 'ul' parameters updated on the website so searching the documentation for example, works?

... John

Re: Search Templates

От
"Dave Page"

Yeah, just trying to track it down in this maze of php code atm...

/D

Re: Search Templates

От
"Dave Page"

Done.

> I have not checked, but I assume this goes for everywhere
> there is a search box.
> Eg, that it's currently wrong.
>
> I'd also suggest, that the top right hand corner search box,
> have the ul parameter added to limit the search to the
> current website like so:
>
> <input type="hidden" name="ul" value="http://www.postgresql.org/%" />

Also done.

Seems I missed you on irc, so... unfortunately I also noticed some minor
issues on the template:

1) http://search.postgresql.org/www.search doesn't give a blank search
box as it used to.

2) The tmeplate uses a slightly out of date version of the new site - in
particular, the text size links at the top of the page are missing.

3) The colour of the results header box is from the old site - it should
probably be light gray now.

4) The font sizes don't look right for the results - probably just a
case of using the right style?

If you can find 5 to look at these that'd be great.

Cheers, Dave.